• A reminder: If you want to ask an RP thread creator if you can join their RP, do so in private - via conversation or profile messages - or via the thread's discussion thread, if one exists. Do NOT ask if you can join an RP on the RP thread itself! This leads to a lot of unnecessary OOC chatter and that's not what the RP boards are for.

This is clearly stated in our RP forum rules. If you've not read them yet, do so BEFORE posting anything in the RP forums. They may be found here (for Pokémon Role Play) or here (for General Role Play). Remember that the Global Rules of Pokécharms also apply in addition to these rule sets.
  • Welcome back to Pokécharms! We've recently launched a new site and upgraded forums, so there may be a few teething issues as everything settles in. Please see our Relaunch FAQs for more information.

Ask to Join Pokémon: Role Play Thread

Esther
Friday – 3:30 pm July 1
Santalune Palace, Santalune City
Kalos Region​
Team On-hand: Pyrrha (Jangmo-o), Pariparisithea (Munna), Tarrah Ta’Ella (Bounsweet), Kasriel Ikaros Svelinka Sō (G-Zigzagoon), Bâquîle Nâva (Goomy)
In Esther’s care: Houndour​

‘Phew~’

The battle was closer than Esther wanted to admit. Without some luck, strategy, and Oracle’s prodigious move coverage, they probably would’ve lost and quite miserably at that. In fact, Oracle’s performance had been so dominating that Esther now had to seriously consider adding an Absol to her team. They seemed plenty powerful if Oracle was anything to judge by, and by the same metric, a little hard to control.

Esther snuck a glance over at her partner; Monty's expression was overcast, an obvious tension between his brows. Oracle had gotten...intense towards the end of the battle. The way she’d gone after that Mienfoo was...feral—disturbing even. Maybe Oracle had an issue like Pyrrha’s? Esther filed the thought away for another time. She’d bring it up to Monty and share her experiences. She briefly wondered if Monty knew pokémon could perceive the outside world from within their pokéballs and that Oracle would most certainly tear his head off afterward. Eh...he’d be fine.

Esther shifted focus and returned to the battlefield where her own pokémon was—“Oi! You stop that this instant!”—thoroughly embarrassing her. Tail raised high and his arse pointed at their opponents, Kasriel was gloating over their victory in a very unsportsmanlike manner. The Oblivian quickly returned her pokémon and shot an apologetic look over at their opponents. If they had been offended, they didn’t show it.

“Trés bien! Outstanding battle! As promised, allow us to gift you each a set of roller skates! They easily clip onto shoes for maximum convenience! They require special shoes but...you can also just get strap-on shoe soles. Now, would you like roller skates or...roller blades?

Esther blinked as the man brandished two sets of wheels. The first had four wheels arranged into pairs, two at the front and two at the back. They looked simple to use and the way the man almost seemed to scorn them told Esther these were training wheels. These were roller skates. The second set of wheels by contrast had four wheels all lined up; the sleek design promised speed...if you could manage balance on the wheels which couldn’t have been more than an inch across. These were rollerblades...try not to cut yourself on the edge.

At the end of the day, it wasn’t really a choice.

“Blades please!”

$2,000
Hand-woven kilt
Everstone x 1 – $15,000.00

Montagne Khastil
July 1 - Santalune Palace, Santalune City, Kalos

Monty snickered a little at Kasriel's unabashed display of gloating, momentarily pulled away from his thoughts on the trouble with Oracle. "He's pretty high spirited," he commented with a half-chuckle as the Zigzagoon was returned to his ball. Monty glanced down at Esther, and after noticing she seemed equally as concerned about her behavior the criminal was thankful that their opponents decided to chime back in.

"I'll take the skates." His companion practically snapped up the offered rollerblades, so Monty resigned himself to taking the skates. Based on Esther's quick choice of the blades and the skater's dismissive tone towards them he was getting a raw deal, but then again Monty didn't really plan to use them anyway.

The criminal surveyed the area, noticing something of a crowd had formed. Nico was back, but who was that? Monty didn't recognize the new spectator, some uninterested-looking blonde girl and her...Persian? Must be another palace visitor.

The skaters went back to their skating around the courtyard, and Monty turned to Esther as he asked, "Want to head inside?" He figured it was more likely she'd want to try out their knewly acquired footwear, knowing her predisposition to "fun" activities like honey heists, but the criminal would rather avoid trying them on now. He preferred his feet firmly planted, merci beaucoup!

Bruce, Bruce, Bruce!
August 1, Turffield City Gym, Galar

"Well looks like we made it just in time to witness the start of the league this year."

The heart break kid, Bruce, was sitting down at the Pokemon stadium in Turffield City, along with the rest of the crowd, waiting for the gym challengers to start storming in, trying to defeat the gym leader. His trusty Sentret using his tail to raise himself higher than his chubby lil legs could, allowing him the view of the battlefield before them. Alas, Bruce would much rather be flying the skies, testing the new plane models the government had to provide or going on a joy ride with older ones. But, he was suspended, asked to take a break from flying and find passion in something else.

Now, battles weren't his favorite thing, but maybe learning about them or watching them could lead to igniting a flame he didn't know he had. Bruce was walking into Galar with an open mind, ready to learn from their top trainers, their Pokemon, their culture and maybe meet a girl? His captain did say love changed things, but there was no way he could love someone as much as he loved flying!

"Oh? It's starting!"

~Aldon...~

~Abyssal ruins, June 16th...~

"Through strength, the king leads the way"

Aldon hadn't much of a clue what that meant. He looked at the pillar, then to the boulders. Then at Skol as it swam into one of the large holes.

"Skol, please don't swim in the-!" Aldon paused. Skol couldn't hear him. Though as soon as Skol stood at the bottom of the hole, he looked at Aldon with a mischievous grin.

"O-okay... apparently you can hear me. Then in that case, get outta there!" Aldon said. He looked at the hole Skol was in and realized it was the same shape as the boulder.

"Move this boulder, Skol!... Get out of the hole first! Oh my arceus..." Aldon sighed. After getting Skol Skol outta the hole, the slowpoke and sigilyph joined forces in psychic pushing the boulders in place. Rumbling could be heard. It sounded like an earthquake if not worse. Floor tiles lit up and then calm like the eye of a storm. Aldon looked around and,a door on the other side of the pillar opened up. Quite curious, but first Aldon wanted to check out the far other side before advancing on this tunnel side.

Aldon had went back to the long hallway. An eerie silhouette of a large creature at the end of the hall stood there motionless and floating there silently. Something about this figure screamed leave, but also compelling him to know what it was. Before Aldon could decide, it bolted around the corner, but Aldon saw the tail end of the creature still. As if it were waiting for him. Aldon swam alongside his two psychic pokemon as they went down the hall. Reaching the other end made his heart race. This felt like a stupid idea, but he needed to know. Aldon cleared his throat to end the silence.

"If its just one creature down there, we can take it, but if there's multiple, we book it!" Aldon said. Before he reached the corner where the silhouette was. Aldon began noticing debris scattered across the ground. He reached down to pick one up and noticed it was a fish bone. There were too many to belong to a single fish, that felt obvious.

He carefully looked around the corner and saw it floating in a large room. Just one figure, but Aldon could see more bones. Aldon felt an immediate temperature drop. This water felt like he was in the cold waters in Snowpoint City.

A pillar just like in the other room was behind the lone pokémon in the room. Despite there only being one pokémon in the room in front of them, it felt like they were being watched by many pokémon through the eyes of the figure before them. The creature looked right at him but did not attack. Whatever it was, it watched. Aldon looked at Skol and Wunder before going in. He began noticing fish-like features but couldn't make out the species. It had a hazy look to it, then the creature swam into the light. It looked like a basculin, but extraordinarily long for one. It darted at the trio but rather than attack, it swam to the entrance of the room blocking their only exit. It looked like a fight would be eminent, but Aldon wasn't ready. He looked at his two pokémon who looked as nervous as he was and the soon to be attacker was likely sensing this. Any moment, they would need to defend themselves. Aldon turned and looked at the pillar as to begin translating it. He nervously looked back and fourth between pillar and the approaching pokémon battle behind him, and then it happened. The big fish pokémon began the fight as it lunged at Aldon specifically.

Azumi, Santalune City, Kalos, July 1st.

Her eyes were fading, weak knees, arms are heavy, there's a stain on her sweater, Nana's spaghetti. She's sleepy, but on the outside she looks calm and ready, to speak up. The teacher asks, a question about the house of glass, she raises her hand, and the words start coming out. Her answer's right, everyone turns around, the class is up, time's over, out. Go back to reality, the online class ended, she's tired, but she won't show it. She has to keep going, the end is near, her goal is clear, graduation is here!

"What a day!" Azumi stretched her arms upward as she yawned loudly, closing her laptop and leaning back on her chair. "To think I was going to be so drained from today's travel." Just as the idea of a warm bath crossed the Kalosian's head, the familiar ring tone of her Rotomphone snapped her back to the hotel room. The phone quickly floated in front of its owner, allowing Azumi to gently press the answer button.

"Miss Towers! Sorry for bothering you after business hours." The familiar voice of Azumi's tutor and ethics teacher sounded throughout the room, getting an annoyed groan and eyeroll from Nana.

"Oh it's no problem at all, I just finished my last class of the day with some time to spare." Azumi sat up straight, smiling brightly, allowing her positive look to reach the person on the screen.

"Good good, I was hoping to catch you before your free time. I have to know, not to rush your or anything, we can trust you'll always come through, but have you decided on your career path after graduation? It's just around the corner and I have people asking where our star pupil will be heading to next! They see great promise in you, specially the Lumiose Police Force." The professor leaned forward, allowing for his screen to only record the upper part of his face.

"Well..." Azumi tried to keep her smile, not wanting to look rude or ungrateful for the opportunity. In reality, she was not a big fan of the Lumiose Police Department, there were rumors. Not only of the local authorities not doing their jobs correctly and taking bribes, but also of not being friendly towards woman officers. The current commissioner, Charles Thayer, was a bit old school and made it somewhat difficult for woman to move up the ranks. Meaning, despite her incredible record, there was a chance she would be stuck in a low position for a long time. "I'm not exactly sure I want to join the Lumiose Police Force, it might be a big challenge for me as a newbie."

"Ha! Of course not, the commissioner himself wants you to be part of his team. He says if you work as hard as you did in the academy, you will make detective in no time. I do recall that being your goal for now?" The man leaned closer to the screen, only his eye being visible.

"Well, if there's a clear path, I could reconsider it..."

"Perfect! I will tell him the great news!"

"Oh no, I'm not saying-" Azumi tried to correct the man, but the connection was lost quickly. "Oh dear..."

Nana stood next to her trainer, shaking her head slowly, letting out a small word, only understandable to her trainer.

"Nana! Language!"

Laura Willham
August 1, Turffield City Gym, Galar

The roar of the crowd that accompanied the entering of the stadium was absolutely deafening. "So this is what being in front of a real crowd is like." Mumbled the young woman who had just made her way to the main event. "With this many people watching, I better not make a fool of myself." She added while readjusting the white band around her right wrist.

Near the gate stood a gym attendant. As the challenger approached, the worker began explaining the rules of the gym trial. "Welcome to the gym challenger, allow me to explain the rules of the Turrfield City Gym challenge." Motioning behind her, a vast fied could be seen. "For this mission, each challenger must herd a flock of 20 Wooloos to mats in fron of traw bale blockades. Be careful, the Wooloo will roll away from you when you get close." She explained. "Well then, the challenge will start as soon as you enter the field, good luck." The attendant added before walking off.

Looking on in awe, Laura was a bit intimidated by the size of the trail ground. However, with the objective explained, the young woman's path was clear. Letting out a breath, Laura stepped onto the field. "Alright, let's do this."

With that, the gym challenge officially commenced. "Let the Gym Trial begin!"

Last edited:
Azumi, Santalune City, Kalos, July 1st.

"You can't actually be thinking of taking that job, right?" the voice of Azumi's sister, Maker, could be heard clearly throughout her sister's hotel room and maybe even the hallway, "People are going to think it's me! I have a reputation to keep and I don't want people associating me with Lechonk. Can't you like, work back home at the bay?"

"I told you Azumi, I was basically chosen for it. They have high hopes for me and I plan to rise through the ranks quickly." Azumi responded, trying to convince herself. After the unwelcome call from her tutor, she was trying to wrap her head around the idea that she would be joining the Lumiose Police Force. If she were to call and decline the offer after accidently accepting it, she couldn't be taken seriously anywhere else. So, she was in a bathtub, with water up to her neck, talking to her sister over the speaker phone, hoping her twin would spark a solution to her dilemma.

"Not quickly enough if you ask me. The only time people will see me in a police uniform is during Halloween, in a way better version that whatever ugly clothing they're going to make you wear." Maker's voice clearly sounded irritated, making the Rotom in Azumi's phone flinch, "Make sure your name is very clear and visible, worst case people will know you're my sister."

"I don't see how this could possible ruin YOUR reputation, for one, all your friends are on social media and know you're in Kanto. Second, we all know you wouldn't be able to finish the police academy, especially the theory part of it." Azumi growled under her breath, blowing away the bubbles floating towards her face, "and third, more importantly, your reputation has gotten me into more trouble than you think, I should be the one worried here, not you!"

"Ruin your reputation? If by ruin you mean, let people recognize you on the streets and know how good looking you can be if you didn't spend your time wearing formal clothes all the time and have boys dreaming about you then, uh, yeah I did RUIN it."

"Why would you want that?!" Azumi turned to look at the phone, as if looking at her sister, "That's a terrible reputation!"

"It's called being po-pu-lar, doors open for you when people recognize you." her cocky voice gave Azumi a clear image of her sister's confident expression.

"I rather open my own doors. It builds character and respect."

"Um, helloooo~ gym leader, here in Kanto. I have leftover respect."

"There's more to life than only battles, you know that." Azumi rolled her eyes, a bit jealous her sister was closer to her goal than she was.

"Yeah, well say that to my bank account, sis!"

"I will, when you stop using dad's!"

"Look who's talking! Besides, I'm saving up money for my next vacation." Maker yawned as she finished her sentence, "Don't get me wrong, I like being a gym leader, but this island is bo-ring. I can never go all out against the challengers and the gym trainers lose like ten times more than they win, it's like, why even have them if they aren't slowing down challengers? Then some have the balls to ask me out, not going to lie, I don't hold back as much against those, I love putting them in their place. I mean, I ended up going out with them, since there's nothing better to do." Maker let out a giggle, a sly tone in her voice, "Say... speaking of doing, who are you doing these days?"

Azumi emerged from the water, finally getting a chance to talk, "I don't know what you mean. But if it's one of your sexual jokes, I'm not interested."

"Come on Azu-meh! Nobody at your school? Anyone around your apartment?" A sinister laugh escaped Maker's voice before she continued, "A teacher?"

"Maker!" Azumi snapped at her phone, again making the Rotom flinch, "That's unethical. I have more important matters to attend to then wasting my time on silly dates."

"Uh-huh, sure. We both know your uptight attitude probably scares boys away."

"Not true! I'll have you know, I received a few Valentine's day cards this year. They were anonymous because I was going to report them for invading my locker, which is private property you know, but I could probably get anyone if I wanted to." Azumi tried to catch her breath, like always, her sister bringing out the worst in her, "besides I get nervous with that kind of stuff." She whispered.

"Yeah well, give it a shot, you're always excelling at everything, right? Look at it like some project, you'll have fun, trust me." Maker sighed loudly, sounding annoyed, "I have to go, this trainer has been standing there waiting for me since before you called me. Rude to just stare, you know? Not like I'm gonna let him win."

"Wait, did you have me on speaker?" Azumi's eyes widen with the thought of their conversation not being private.

"Gotta go, bye!"

The phone call ended, with Azumi sinking once again in the bathtub, tired and embarrassed. Meanwhile, Nana cursed at the tv, the need to threaten the electronic emerging from her mind.

Esther
Tuesday – Afternoon July 19
Ogi City – Beach, Whirl Archipelago
Johto Region​
Team On-hand: Pyrrha (Jangmo-o), Pariparisithea (Munna), Halay-Alae (Houndour), L’ Basseau (Surskit), La Bamba (Shellos) In Esther’s care: Feebas​

Wow! Esther had never been eaten by a pokémon before. Honestly, the experience was novel. Inside Iwa’s mouth had been weirdly picturesque; soft bioluminescent lights cast a calming glow over any would-be mouth passengers, or—the more likely option—any pokémon unfortunate enough to still be eaten alive. It was a nice send-off at least?

Besides the whole being inside a pokémon’s mouth, Iwa has been a swift and steady ride. Plus, no fear of falling off! Esther wasn’t into vore but... “Six out of ten stars—would get eaten again.”

After she left her yelp review, Esther looked over at the ocean, where Gyarados was being thoroughly molly-whooped by her friends plus a few other kindly strangers who just wanted to get a few kicks in on the infamous atrocious pokémon. Actually...Esther felt a bit bad for it, but a lot of trainers would go home claiming to have fought off a Gyarados.

$5330

Seal Case

PokéFlute

Clip-on roller skates

Hand-woven kilt

Last edited:
July 19, Tuesday - Yellow Rock Isle, Johto. Reina, current rank, 34,107

Reina watched ahead at the fight going on with the Gyarados, after making sure Gene was still alive and well, thanks to her new babysitters, Desmond's Politoad and Kricketune. She didn't feel the need to jump into the battle, it seemed the water Pokemon had chewed off more than it could handle. It was more likely their underwater adventure had ended, so Reina was about to head off, but was pulled immediately back.

The pull got the Metztlian off guard, making her bump into Esther. "Perdon! It seems we're still stuck together." She laughed a bit at the situation, wrapping her arm around Esther. "Well I'm glad I'm stuck with you, I like you."

Diva could only foam at the mouth at the sight of her best friend in the world getting stolen from low level warrior! She would have her revenge though, if it was the last thing she did!

"So, do you think Bamba is letting go soon? We might have to take a shower to take her off." The idea crossed Reina's mind, making a slight blush appear on her cheeks, "I mean, at the beach, with bathing suits, would be weird naked. Not that taking a shower with you nude is weird, I'm sure it's very pleasant, but I'm not suggesting that." Said Reina, digging her own grave.

Last edited:

| Korutesu |

Previously NotAPokemonRanger
Nico Zacharias Flynn
Date: July 1st

He was pretty shocked at what Oracle did at the end. He knew Absols were hard to control, but that wasn't anything that he expected. The skaters offered Monty and Esther some roller skates and roller blades, but since Nico himself didn't know how to use them, he didn't really care. Moments later, Monty proposed they go inside Santalune Palace itself, as that's were they were planning on going from the beginning. Anyway, he kinda disappeared for a good thirty minutes or so, as he got distracted when they arrived at Santalune City since he noticed some cool restaurants, and so by the time he'd finished up, Esther and Monty had gone ahead to Santalune Palace. He also got a tiny bit lost after that.

He went over to Monty and Esther, much rather not explaining the embarrasing moment he had after being lost. And plus, it didn't matter anyway. "Sorry for disappearing like that, I couldn't find you both after the gym." He mentioned to them, keeping out him being lost and all that stuff.

Esther
Johto Region​
Team On-hand: Pyrrha (Jangmo-o), Pariparisithea (Munna), Halay-Alae (Houndour), L’ Basseau (Surskit), La Bamba (Shellos) In Esther’s care: Feebas​

The corners of Esther’s lips quirked upward into a ghost of a smile; a smile that vanished—like a ghost, duh—and was immediately replaced with a look of worry and apprehension.

“Oh no, we’re in quite a pickle! Guess we’ll have to wait and see?”

Esther lied as naturally as she breathed. She could have returned Bamba to her pokéball and easily resolved the whole situation, but this was more fun.

Now that she stopped to consider it, her friend did really fit the definition of a babe. Esther had been coming along in the last month or so, but she had nothing on the fit & toned Reina. Her olive skin, tones lighter than Esther’s dusky tan, and queer green eyes weren’t an oft-seen combination and lent the Metztlian a flavor of exoticism that was...well, they both stuck out like a pair of exotic green thumbs.

While Reina babbled herself into a hole, Esther allowed her eyes to roam and gave a thoughtful nod at Reina’s not-suggestion.

“I’m sure it would, I’m sure it would...”

$5330

Seal Case

PokéFlute

Clip-on roller skates

Hand-woven kilt

Bella Strong -

----------------------------------------------------------
The battle was very entertaining for the coordinator, she thought the use of pokemon was very well thought out for the two as they seemed to work really well together as a team. Making her way over, she clapped her hands together a couple of times. "That was an grand battle. The two of you showed the care you have for your pokemon. It seemed to me that the other two trainers were not as kind as you two are to dark types. It shows how little the two thought. Any pokemon can be used for dark purposes, and cheat. Psychic types come to mind when they lorde their powers over others."

Bella talked with an air of not kindness, but she was polite to the to trainers. She was happy to see that one pokemon was very much happy at their win when they tried to do whatever they were going to do before they were recalled. Bella looked to the other man as he approached the two as well. She nodded her head in a polite greeting, but did not spare him more of a glance as she looked back to the first two. "Forgive me I forgot my manners. My name is Bella Strong. It is a pleasure to make your acquaintance."

Esther
Kalos Region​
Team On-hand: Pyrrha (Jangmo-o), Pariparisithea (Munna), Tarrah Ta’Ella (Bounsweet), Kasriel Ikaros Svelinka Sō (G-Zigzagoon), Bâquîle Nâva (Goomy)

“Huh, what did you say?” Esther paused, looking up from her seated position where she’d already managed to equip one rollerblade and was currently stuffing her foot into the other. “Inside? Uhhh...actually I think I’m gonna start my tour with the garden.”

The castle garden was a sprawling hedge maze line with wide roads of tightly packed dirt. Smooth roads and a view, what more could a roller-skater want?

Esther finished equipping her blades just as Nico and Bella made their appearance.

“Guess this is where our date ends,” she grinned playfully at Monty and then turned towards Bella and Nico. “Well met, I’m Esther and this is Monty. We were going to try out Santalune's rock climbing after we finished our tour here, would you like to come?”
$4,000

Hand-woven kilt

"Oh!" Reina pounded her fist into the palm of her hand, "I got it!"

She couldn't help but have a big grin on her face, proud of her new idea. It was pretty simple actually, if Bamba was to nervous to let go, fearing the commotion going on with the Gyarados. All they needed to do, was to make it feel safe. They had to create a comfortable environment while they chaotic one existed around them.

"Hey Esther, why not, try singing to lil Bamba? I bet she will feel better if she sees you having a good time."

Montagne Khastil
July 1 - Santalune Palace, Santalune City, Kalos

Les choses douces finnisent vite. Having Esther on his arm was nice, but Monty figured all good things are bound to end. Being a man who preferred to keep his feet on the ground where they belonged, he wasn't planning on joining her tour-de-garden.

Monty turned his head to the new arrivals, and told Nico, "You're alright, you didn't miss much since the gym."

The "Bella" girl's introduction was a lot more detailed than Nico's simple explanation, and it left Monty a little confused. She didn't exactly seem happy to be speaking to them, polite sure, but it seemed to him almost like a formality.

And dark purposes? Cheating? What was she talking about? Just because they'd both used Dark-Types? The criminal found her analysis to be a little strange, but maybe he just didn't know what to look for to see what she saw. He was a pretty novice trainer, after all. Whatever, when in doubt, say, "Thanks. Enchanté, Bella."

Colored
Yellow Rock Isle (Beach), Johto
July 19th

"Ooh. That is... something."

That's right you silly goofs, Colored was still here and she was still paying attention to the scenario. Which just so happened to involve, at least from her angle, what looked like a beached Gyarados.

Which was funny. Because she swore they only showed up in rivers... ah well. Pokémon can be pretty unusual sometimes.

"Y'know Drip, I'd get a closer look if it wasn't for my horrible social anxiety making me worried I'll look weird."

"Vapor...? (Really, though?)

"Yep. Really. Though I do wonder what happened... sorta looks beat up from here. Maybe... I think poisoned, too? You think a Tentacruel beat it up?"

"Porr... (Sometimes I really don't understand you.)"

So, to shorten it, yes. Colored was aware of the situation, but would be making her own speculations on what had happened from a little bit away.

Mostly since she hardly knew all of these other people were here as well.

Reginald Valerias​

Date: June 1
Pokemon Team: Emeric the Shiny Haunter, Elvira the Munna, Bob the Shedinja, Large Marge the Drifloon, Missy the Misdreavus
WCS Rank: 70,231

Interactions: Adrianne Silvers, Ivy's Gyarados (Godjacob)

Reggie noticed she had a Pokedex and grinned proudly as she scanned both Pokemon. Oh, did she not know what they were? He didn't mind letting her know all the information he found about them. Were they accurate? He sure hoped so!

And then Adrianne tried to let him down softly about not being indebted to her. Huh... He tapped his chin, wondering if that was even a good thing. He just shrugged, not really caring either way. It sounded as if she were trying out the League too, so he wasn't about to be going anywhere. What was the point of going to places when you had no friends to go with? He grinned even wider and kicked his legs out with glee when she agreed to have him along, pumping his fist in the air.

"Hell yeah! The name is-... Wait, I said that already, didn't I?" He stopped and blinked into nothing but space. Sighing when he realized he did, he chuckled and scratched the back of his head. "Hah, yeah, I did. Pleasure to meet you, too. Oh, and I'm doing the world champion thing... WCS? Whatever it stands for, don't care, I'm a part of that, too." He then looked up at his Munna, the Psychic-Type giving a little trill. "Oh, this is Elvira the Munna. The Drifloon you saw is called Large Marge. I swear she's like three times larger than other Drifloon." He chuckled. "That Pokedex thing is right. Elvira eats my nightmares for me, so I can sleep. I bet if you ask nicely, she'll do the same if you're plagued by nightmares." His hand reached up to pet Elvira on the forehead next to the circle, but not actually touching it.

That's when he realized they're still sitting on a Gyarados, who hadn't budged since it saved him. He looked around blankly, looking a bit confused. "Uhhhhh... We were going somewhere? OOH, what island we going to next?" He asked excitedly, absolutely bouncing everywhere as his mind was still in an excited state and it was just not settling.

Esther
Johto Region​

“I should sing...?”

It was a strange suggestion, given their situation; but...a quick glance over the ocean showed that the ‘situation’ was rapidly being resolved. Poisoned, beaten, broken, and still being wailed on in a 6v1, the Gyarados was a very pitiful existence... Well, it wasn't like Esther was needed or anything, so—“Guess it’s fine.”

The only question that remained was...what song to sing? Not just any song would be fitting after all. Esther wandered from title to title, her mind drifting between the dual problems at hand. Shellos was nervous but Feebas was equally so and for completely different reasons...trickier reasons. Was there a song that could apply to them both...? Maybe...it took a moment, but Esther had an idea.

Chaos raged around her, but Esther—unperturbed—tapped a slow beat against her thigh:

“Short steps... Deep breath,

Everything is alright.

Chin up... I can’t,

step into the spotlight

She said, ‘I’m sad.’

Somehow without any words

I just...stood there,

Searching for an answer.”

“When this world is no more,

The moon is all we’ll see.

I’ll ask you to fly away with me,

Until the stars all fall down,

They empty from the sky,

But I don’t mind.

If you’re with me, then everything’s alright.”

“Why do... my words,

Always lose their meaning

What I feel... what I say,

There’s such a rift between them.

He said, I can’t really seem to read you.

I just...stood there,

Never know what I should do.”

“When this world is no more,

The moon is all we’ll see.

I’ll ask you to fly away with me,

Until the stars all fall down,

They empty from the sky.

But I don’t mind.

If you’re with me then everything‘s alright.”

“If you’re with me then everything‘s alright.”

$5330

Seal Case

PokéFlute

Clip-on roller skates

Hand-woven kilt

Esther
Kalos Region​

Monty had opted out coward but Esther had a fun time racing through the hedge maze. As a former dancer and windsail-er the island-girl was confident in her balance and as a bonus, the rollerblades weren’t as precarious as they first seemed. She’d got the hang of things pretty quickly and spent the better half of the hour cruising about the garden with her pokémon. Even the usually quiet and reserved Houndour came out for some fresh air.

She had worked up a light sweat by the time she returned and, frankly, she was looking to be even more active. She did need to get in shape after all! Her blades draw lazy circles as she skated around the group and wondered aloud, “How about we go find that rock-climbing place now?”

$4,000

Hand-woven kilt

Last edited:
July 19, Tuesday - Yellow Rock Isle, Johto, Eveline

Eveline stretched, realizing she should head back to shore if she wasn't going to get anything from down there... maybe she would try to see if she could mooch off the others who did. With a small kick, Conquest sped back to shore. They would see the Gyarados on the way back but... she didn't think it would be a good idea for her to get involved... didn't want to steal the glory or anything from the people that were actually trying. After slowing to a stop, Eveline would dismount and return Conquest to their ball, then go over to Rebellion and grab her bag from him, and return him as well. She would look over at Esther and Reina... what in the hell were they doing? She would walk over to the two girls, and it looked like Esther's Shellos had forcibly connected the two, and Esther was making a seemingly pointless attempt to sing in order to get them off. As per usual, the singing was great, though another really old pick... for her, at least. Eveline would walk over to Esther, then grab her by the shoulders... even though her face looked like it was kinda melting in places... Eveline was CAKED in makeup, who would've thought? Her clothes were also completely drenched, and smelled of salt.

"Girl. You gotta become an idol. You have such a good voice, I would literally consume your voice before considering my cinnamon croissanut every day if sound could be eaten."

July 19, Tuesday - Yellow Rock Isle, Johto, Genevieve

Gene, after her 134th attempt of breaching the waters, would be dragged away from the water to keep her safe from the Gyarados by Desmond's Kricketune and Politoed. She would not get up on her own, and she would just continue to be dragged along, face first in the sand as Sticky Fingers sort of just sat there on her back, sighing as they were able to relax after such an ordeal. Sam was just sitting on the beach, eating a giant hot dog. Wait, where did he get that? In the distance, there was in fact, a hot dog stand. However... he did not steal it, for today (fun fact, this is real) was National Hot Dog Day! And they were giving out free hot dogs!

July 19, Yellow Rock Isle, Johto
Zap Zap the Shinx

Zap Zap leaped back as the large Gyarados emerged from the depths of the sea. Along with this giant sea beast, the members of the diving crew also began resurfacing one by one. The small Shinx looked on as many events happened all at once, one moment he was simply minding his own business watching the small child repeatedly fail at diving and the next, the whole sea appeared to have crashed onto shore. However, the Electric type was actually glad something happened. In truth, siting around on the beach was quite dull even with the little show he had in front of him.

Looking around, Zap Zap observed the rather varied situation the humans found themselves in. Some of them were doing the expected thing and attacking the immediate threat in front of them, even new faces the Shinx hasn't seen before joined in on the fun. Others were more reserved and instead opted to hide away and let others do the dirty work, "those must be the weak links of the group" were the Shinx's thoughts. Then there were two humans who appeared to be... stuck by the hand due to a slug like pokemon? That's pretty weird. All in all, the once boring beach has become a much more chaotic and exciting place.

Feeling quite pumped to finally be able to do something, Zap Zap quickly turned towards Savannah's last known location to see what his partener thought of this situation. However, when he turned around, the young woman was nowhere to be seen. Zap Zap stared wide eyed for a second, where did she go? When did she disapear? These questions understandably appeared the Electric type's head since he noticed no movement from his partner up to this point. Then again, he really wasn't paying her much attention.

Well, that's something he can worry about later, for now the spotlight was on the rampaging water dragon. The Shinx began coursing electricity inside his body, causing his fur to begin spiking up. Once he had charged enough energy, Zap Zap waited for an opening before quickly lauching a bolt of electricity at the Water Flying type pokemon.

Nakano Saito​

Date: July 19 (26yo)
Location: Yellow Rock Beach, Yellow Rock Isle, Whirl Archipelago, Johto
Pokemon Team: Chu the Pichu, Mudster the Swampert, Iwa the Wishiwashi, Ludwig the Ludicolo, Aero the Aerodactyl, Brute Tooth the Barraskewda, Huntail, Gorebyss

Interactions: Gyarados, Rick and Iris the Rapidash (Ridge), Quincy Palmer and Ruby the Sableye (| Korutesu |), Reina, Storm the Lapras, and Peque the Swampert (Hecotoro), Esther, L' Basseau the Surskit, Feebas, and Bamba the Shellos (kyuukestu), Desmond, Kricketune, and Politoed (Godjacob), Aldon, Wunder the Sigilyph, and Skol the Slowpoke (ThAtGuY101), Genevieve, Sticky Fingers the Octillery, Sam the Phantump, and Eveline (GQuasch), Zap Zap the Shinx (Grand Master Koops)
Mentions: Shanya "Colored" Harika and Drip the Vaporeon (Alternate_Mystery), Savannah (Grand Master Koops)

The Gyarados was more than upset. First, his home was intruded upon by opportunistic sadists, and now - when he was trying to show them a piece of his mind - he was suddenly ganged up on. However, watching those pesky humans and their silly pets under him run and hide in fear was rather entertaining. But getting beat up by them? He wished they would roll over dead.

The Aerodactyl, Swampert, and Wishiwashi's attacks were incredibly annoying, and he was getting anxious that a few of the other humans on standby were going to jump in. One in particular was that colorful, flying abomination they called a Pokemon that barely had any feathers to fly with. That thing and their trainer were watching him. Before he could react to a girl's singing, he suddenly heard electricity, and his blood ran cold.

He roared and went to slam his head into the Rapidash, but the Wild Charge had his body seizing for a moment and roaring out in pain instead, enough time for a Shadow Claw to scratch along his scales, cutting deep enough to really hurt. He thrashed the gem gremlin back, his vision seeing red when another blast of electricity hit him from a far weaker source - a blue and black furball. He roared loud enough that he swore the entire island heard his anger.

Naka tuned out what was happening around her. She didn't really care if Aldon wanted a photo right now, if Esther was trying to sing to the Shellos despite there being a really upsetting sight in front of them, and if Eveline sounded almost jealous that Esther and Reina were stuck together and were trying to get in between them. At least Gene was pulled to safety by Desmond's Pokemon. At least the others were all far enough away that the Gyarados couldn't reach them. Unless it used a Hyper Beam.

Oh, it was.

Naka whistled sharply, getting the attention of her Pokemon, as the telltale sign of the Hyper Beam's glow began to appear. "Quick! Icy-Electric Liquidation! Redirect its head!" It was a move she had her Pokemon train in its use before. Aero screeched and swooped down, the Swampert's fist cloaking with water as he used his other hand to grab a hold of Aero's feet. Aero then pulled the Swampert into the air, Aero's teeth charging with electricity. Instead of using it as an attack, the Aerodactyl allowed his body - which had been splashed with sea water previously - to channel down his body and land on the Swampert, transferring the lightning into Swampert's now water sword for his Liquidation, Swampert's body shrugging of the lightning as if it were a light breeze.

With self-righteous fury, the Gyarados's maw began to glow a bright white, rays of energy spiraling into his mouth as the coalescing energy of his very being became a large sphere from within. It was an all or nothing attempt to raze this beach into oblivion!

As Aero swung Swampert in a circle before letting go and sending the Swampert rocketing towards the Gyarados, Iwa fired off a beam of ice, hitting Swampert's electrified water sword as Mudster slammed his electrified, icy Liquidation into the side of Gyarados's head, the Atrocious Pokemon's Hyper Beam redirecting towards the great waters beyond, hitting the surface of the water and cutting into the deep sea, stirring the local Pokemon and cutting a huge swipe of the seabed with his Hyper Beam. The power of such a move was exhausting, and he felt weak.

Mudster landed back on shore, slamming his fists together and roaring. Then Iwa fired off a harsh blast of salt water, cutting into the wounds of the Gyarados and burning it immensely. The Brine had the sick Gyarados cry out in pain, and he quickly submerged himself, trying to swim away to retain what dignity he had left.

Naka sighed, relaxing. She looked back around at the others, noting Savannah was nowhere to be seen, only to realize her Swampert was still staring off into the ocean, head fin submerged briefly before standing back up, still in his battle stance.

"Mudster? What's wrong?" Naka looked at the ocean waters, unsure if she was seeing something or if her mind was overplaying things due to her concern over what her Swampert was sensing with that fin of his.

July 19, Yellow Rock Isle, Johto
Zap Zap the Shinx

Zap Zap mustered the loudest roar his small body could produce as his Lightning Bolt reached it's target. Right as his attack concluded, the small Shinx began charging himself once again for his follow up. At the same time, the Water Flying type pokemon appeared to be charging up an attack of it's own. Seeing this, Zap Zap prepared himself for the impact that is to come.

However, it appeared that his help was not necessary as, before the Gyarados was able to fire off what would have been a devastating attack, a combination of moves coming from the pokemon under the ownership of Naka was able to send the water dragon running off.

Feeling a little disapointed he didn't get to play a bigger role, Zap Zap decided to turn his attention back to his missing partner. He wasn't really sure how long it has been since he last saw her, but it couldn't have been that long. As he was about to start looking, a sensation suddenly swept through the small Electric type's nervous system, subtle electrical sparks began dazzling the Shinx's fur. Jumping back and lowering his body closer to the ground, the Flash pokemon assumed a battle stance. Zap Zap did not know why his body reacted a such, but his instincts as a hunter was sounding the alarm, and very loudly at that. Whatever is coming, it's going to be something big.

Last edited:
Colored
July 19th

Ohh so it wasn't exactly... dead. But it was angry, Colored would sure give it that one. Though then again, she had never quite seen a beached Gyarados freak out like that!

Plus, it's always fun to witness a Hyper Beam and live to tell that tale.

Though... Colored was getting a funny sense this situation wasn't exactly over with yet. And maybe she'd need to pack her own kind of punch, here.

"Huh... though, it did say in my Pokédex that... yup. I think this will be okay."

So Colored had calmly returned her little Vaporeon pal, now calling out her more fitting battle buddy in case she had to lend a hand - if she did at all.

It was hopefully going to be a good thing that Heliolisk get such a strange but sudden pool of Electric moves when they evolved*. So she was gonna give that a go.

But, again, only if she needed to do that.

(* But, of course, we haven't got any guarantees here.)

Desmond Andrews (Unranked)
Yellow Rock Isle, Whirl Islands, Johto (July 19th)

As Politoed and Kricketune moved Gene to safety, the kid thankfully having not put up much resistance to the attempted, they moved a comfortably safe distance away from the action by a hot dog cart of all things. Politoed tilted its head at this, the food smelled nice and it wondered how the creature by it got one.

Kricketune in turn noticed Gene was sort of face first on the sane, and attempted to flip the child over to dust off the sand from her face. Course both Pokemon kept guard around Gene and the Pokemon as their eyes had turned to the battle with the Gyarados.

~~~
Desmond looked on behind his own hiding place as the battle seemed to get intense, with the sheer number of Pokemon against Gyarados at this point surely i'd realize this was a lost cause and retreat. However, that initially seemed to not be the case as it prepared a Hyper Beam of all things! Desmond's face seemed to pale as all he could do was hope that either they stopped it or at the very least it missed him if it got the shot off. Thankfully the former came to pass as a timely conjointed effort caused the Gyarados to weaken and eventually it was forced back into the sea. Desmond sighed in relief as he used the life guard tower to keep himself up as this whole experience had been quite draining.

"All that just for some undersea pictures...this whole mess is gonna get me killed someday."

Adrianne Silvers (Normal Class: 96,098 )
Valencia Island, Orange Archipelago (June 1st)

Thankfully this guy seemed to get the general idea, and in all honesty she found his quirks to be a little interesting if nothing else. Course the reason she scanned Pokemon was not just cause she didn't know them, but more so to gather data as having it on hand could've only been a bonus far as she was concerned. Besides, she'd get to learn something about them she may not have known before which was fun in it of itself.

Adrianne had a chuckle as he pumped her fists in the air, this guy had energy but her eyes widened a bit when he mentioned he was also in the World Coronation Series. Wow, this was a small world but then again, with over 90,000 people at the minimum involved perhaps she should've expected this.

"Hey I am in the World Coronation Series as well. Just signed up today so a bit at the bottom of the rankings, but I aim to work my way up to number 1!" Adrianne said with some pride as she then heard Reggie give the nicknames to hi Munna and Drifloon respectively as she seemed to find that sweet. "Oh you nickname your mon too, that is cute lovely choices." Adrianne said with a compliment.

Far as where they were going Adrianne's eyes widened a bit rubbing her head sheepishly. "Well uh, before we had to catch you from the sky I had intended to sail these islands. Was planning to head to Tangelo Island, seems to be where a lot of trainers starting on these islands gather first and would give me a chance to train up my team and maybe find new members before I take on my first Orange Crew member." Adrianne said as she explained her path. "Any issues with this?"

| Korutesu |

Nico Zacharias Flynn

He was kinda weirded out by the new female who came up to them, and didn't really know why they came up here. She started talking about Her and Monty's shared dark-type pokemon. Okay, weird, and she was polite, but it was like she didn't even want to be there. He greeted her to be polite, and saw Esther about to leave for the maze.

"I'll follow you to the maze, Esther. We'll see you later, Monty!" He said, as he ran behind Esther.

He followed Esther into the maze, for about thirty minutes until they came back out, and she asked if they wanted to go to that rock-climbing place. Sounded fun, why not? Plus, he would only be in Kalos for this week until he had to come back.

"Yeah, Why don't we go to that rock climbing place? It sounds fun, and it won't interrupt any plans right?" He said to Monty, since it looked like they weren't really going anywhere after this.

Kaden Miller - June 14th - Grand Lake Hotel, Sinnoh
Kaden's brow furrowed. Raiten had pretty much no way of effectively touching Ezio's Steelix, "It sure is an impressive Steelix! I see that you take good care of him," he commented, taking note of the steel-type's polished body and possibly trying to buy some more additional time to think. Spikes were not good news and Astraea had already fainted, so they couldn't clean the battlefield. Well, better to do something than nothing. Weighing his options, Kaden then called out an order for his Jolteon.

"Alright Raiten. Great work on that Kabutops. Just do your best here. Pin Missile," and just as told, the Lightning pokemon began to shoot sharp needles out of its fur, aiming them towards Excavate.

Lara Brook - 16th of June - North Lake Miloch, Wild Area, Galar
"Maybe you could keep catching a Sigilyph in mind then? Then try and find one when you feel ready to take another pokemon under your wing," Lara replied, her gaze bouncing between Nicole and the Sigilyph and chuckled at her own unintentional joke. The reporter then moved to grab her video camera, making sure it had an empty memory card in it and began to prepare the proper exposure levels to begin filming.

Gwen Tucker - 16th of June - A park in Eterna City, Sinnoh
Gwen very much knew what Naka talked about. There's a reason why a trainer carried around multiple pokemon. No one pokemon could take on every sort of challenge alone. The issue was just that she didn't know at all how to go about telling or showing that to Cobalt. Hopefully with Ozzy he would realize it. Well, enough about thinking about serious things like that. Gwen would much rather watch all the pokemon around her interact, noting how Ozzy was playfully tussling with Naka's Zweilous.

The small Deino bit and gnawed on his future evolutions back, pressing the scent into his mind. He headbutted at Orochi a bit while making small cries to try and get his attention, kind of like a little brother trying to get his big sibling's attention by annoying them.

Cobalt meanwhile sat down in the grass, almost done with his meal as he looked at all the different sorts of pokemon go about their things, especially glaring at Ozzy whenever he looked at the Deino.

"A concert? Do I have to stay here? Why can't I come?" Gwen questioned Ron instead of agreeing to stay.

Esther
Johto Region​

“Awww, thanks!” Esther squirmed gaily beneath the praises. She allowed herself to preen for a few moments Yes! Praise me more! and then wheeled around to face Eveline with her hands held together in pious prayer. “There’s a few songs in it just for you—if only you’d surrender your heathen ways and... Uhh, do you wanna borrow some wipes for that? I’ve got a few in my bag.”

The mess on Eveline’s face was matched only by the messy melee on the water. Esther cocked back to keep a lazy eye on the latter, whistling low when Gyarados fired off a hyper-beam that went arcing into the ocean. It looked like Naka had it handled.

Still, that had been one POWERFUL blast! Even now the waters were still disturbed: swirling, churning, and rising into...wait a minute— rising?

The waves swelled and erupted with the force of a geyser. Curtains of waters fell away and revealed a monster of the deep: rugged skin and a fortress of a shell, a tapestry of battle scars that told of a storied life, from beneath the waves arose Godzill—Oh, wait no, it was just a Blastoise—Thank God!

The kaiju-sized Blastoise growled and from its back emerged its truly monstrous canons—the size of which made field artillery look like pea-shooters—and OH BOY did it look pissed. Naka had it handled...right?

$5330

Seal Case

PokéFlute

Clip-on roller skates

Hand-woven kilt

Last edited:

"Wow." Reina was taken back by the singing skills Esther had shown.

She hadn't actually paid much attention to Esther's ability actually, always focused on the next opponent or goal set for her training, that she didn't pay as much attention to her travel buddies. Well, except for Gene, up until she saw she was capable of getting a Pokemon on her own, Reina had to care for the child to make sure she didn't die.

"We should do some karaoke one of these days." Reina said with a smile, trying not to stare at the mess Eveline's face had become. "Maybe you should just return Bamba to her Pokeball though..."

A little embarrassed she didn't think of it earlier, but that was probably the best solution. Just as the Metztli trainer was starting to relax, watching the Gyarados get a beating from Naka and help, the Hyper Beam changed the entire thing. At first she thought it was some sort of Tsunami, that she could handle. But the big shell and the face that followed it, that sent a chill down Reina's spine. She had heard that giant Pokemon was a thing in Galar, but you could usually use your own giant Pokemon to fight back! How on earth were they supposed to deal with such a threat looming over them?!

"We should probably go." Reina said, probably sounding a bit like Desmond but this time well aware of the danger of the situation. "Or at least, get Gene to safety."

Desmond had managed to compose himself somewhat, the Gyarados had been beaten and now things seemed to settle a bit. Once he worked his heart to a steady pace he glanced along the water as in spite of the chaos, it seemed to be controlled well enough. The water had an odd ripple along it but the scenery seemed peacefu...wait, a ripple?

Desmond's eyebrow raised as the water seemed to be a bit active, the Gyarados was long gone by now so it should've settled. If Desmond had not known any better, he would've guessed something was about to break the surface but that seemed silly and OH GOD WHAT WAS THAT!?

Desmond's eyes wideneed to the size of dinner plates as something indeed broke the surface, something that had made that Gyarados mere minutes ago come off like a cute Yamper by comparison as a supersized damn near Kaiju-like Blastoise emerged out of the water. The massive Water Type towered over the beach as it cast a large shadow over all of them and Desmond seemed to be frozen in place as his mind and body seemed to just...shut down a bit. Only a single thought had raced through the young man's mind as he had been unable to even speak at what he had seen.

"GET ME OFF THESE DAMN ISLANDS!"

Colored
July 19th

"Wow, that's a... big Blastoise. Here I was picturing nothing."

Now, don't get me wrong. Colored was naturally a bit oblivious in the terms of danger and all that. So instead of any kind of fear towards this kaiju-ish Blastoise, she was just curious.

Like... a thing like this existed for some reason. One she wasn't about to figure out, sure, but hey. It was odd.

"Y'know... if I survive this, I'm probably gonna think back on this a lot. Also, no, we aren't exactly doing anything yet."

That last comment was primarily focused on her Heliolisk buddy, who honestly wasn't having any plans to begin with. But he also wasn't having any since Colored had given the electric lizard the no-go.

...man. Gyarados were complex as hell if they could do this, weren't they?

Montange Khastil
July 1 - Santalune City, Kalos

Monty gave Esther and her troupe of pokémon a wide berth as they zoomed around the garden, sticking to the edge of it with Oracle at his side. The Absol paid him little attention, and even turned her nose up at him in apparant disdain for interrupting her delivery of retribution, but the criminal was more than used to her sulking by now.

Whatever. With Esther and Nico galavanting in the garden and that Bella girl keeping to herself, Monty had more than enough time to have his little chat with his partner. And speaking of time passing...hot damn could he go for a cigarette.

FLICK-FLICK...HUUUUFF.

It had been an unusually long day already, and Monty felt a nicotine rush with the first puff of the Galarian Smooth. He and Oracle stood still for a moment as the trainer savored the taste, sure to blow the smoke away from the Absol, before he crouched down to her level.

"Listen. I know you probably didn't want me to pull you off that Mienfoo, but I can't let you go that far in a trainer battle like that."

Oracle kept her nose turned up, but her red eyes opened to give him the mother of all side-eyes. It was a complete affront to her pride for him to intervene like that, especially with the way the rat had spoken down to her. She ought to have slit it from throat to belly, but instead she'd hardly gotten the chance to put it in its place.

Monty took a long drag from his cigarette, blowing the smoke from his nose before he continued. "When we're out here, with other people, the battles aren't life and death. They're not like with those poachers, and they're definitely not like with that Houndoom. I need you to hold back a little from now on, control yourself, y'know?"

Oracle rolled her eyes, but her trainer continued anyway. "We've got a pretty good thing going with Esther—" The Absol turned away from Monty at the mention. "—and we're going to need her for the tournament in a few days. I can't have you scaring her away, and I can't have you scaring other trainers so much that they end up reporting us for being too brutal."

PHUUU...HUUUFF.

Oracle hardly acknowledged his words. How was he supposed to get her to agree? There wasn't a doubt in his mind that if he hadn't intervened that Mienfoo would've ended up dead, and if he was its trainer he'd file a police report. The criminal's hand shook a little at the thought, but another drag stilled the over-activity.

PHUUU...HUUUFF.

"You're too strong to show it all to these other trainers." That seemed to get Oracle's attention. Her ears perked up, and her side-eye returned. "They'll get too scared if they see your full strength. Common people...they can't handle that kind of thing being right in front of them. Being reminded of their place."

Oracle slowly turned to face her trainer, her eyes wide with interest. Useless Monty spoke of reminding them of their places, when it was him who prevented her from doing so? Then again, maybe that rodent already did know its place. That would explain its insolent babble; so desperate to prove to itself that it wasn't facing its demise.

If Monty thought she could handle her battles with such strength that she needn't go so far, then she supposed she could. Still, she could not abide such disrespect. She nodded in begrudging agreement, but there was no promise made.

PHUUU...HUUUFF. "Thank you."

Twenty Five Minutes Later

Damn, was Esther good at picking activities that would keep his feet off the ground. Turning down the rollerskating was easy enough, but now rock climbing?!—"Yeah, let's go check it out."

Nakano Saito​

Date: 1 Month Ago (26 years old); June 16
Pokemon Team: Chu the Pichu, Fluffy the Flareon, Hanu the Infernape, Yuki the Froslass, Aero the Aerodactyl, Orochi the Zweilous

Interactions: Gwen Tucker, Cobalt the Piplup, and Ozzy the Deino (IDKWhatUserNameToDo), Ron Towers, Linkin the Blastoise, Monstar the Tyranitar, Evanes the Skarmory, Marley the Raichu, and Luz the Espeon (Hecotoro)

Wait... She felt so dumbfounded, what did he say???

A surprise she didn't have a boyfriend already? And that he didn't mind her... other tendencies? She barely caught on to what Ron had told Gwen about Cobalt before she shook her head to fully process everything.

Was he going to ask her out?

Well, then he got protective over the Espeon. Naka sighed, shrugging. "I'm... Confused how that's an issue. What you got on my Flareon?" Of course, she was not really wanting to listen as much as Luz and Fluffy didn't want to abide by this wish of Ron's either. Fluffy's ears drooped upon hearing Ron, those dark eyes of his staring at him but, then realized Luz was there, and she booped his ear. His eyes widened and he stood away from her, shaking his head and trying to act cool by sulking under the table and standing beside Naka's foot. At the comment of fleas, Naka took that as an offense and scoffed. "He doesn't have fleas. I take care of my Pokemon better than that."

If Ron wanted to ask her out, he should be doing well not to anger her.

Hanu smirked as he got the Blastoise to take a couple steps back. The Infernape puffed out his chest and giggled, setting his fists at his hips in a triumphant pose. His eyes were currently closed, but when he cracked one open, he realized Blastoise was getting ready to ram into him. Screeching a bit in surprise, he readied himself, trying desperately to act cool, only to get shoved back and having him fall on his back from the impact. Jumping back on his feet with agility, he gave Linkin a cheeky grin as he playfully and lightly punched Linkin's shoulder, as if to tell him how much of a funny 'mon he was for doing that.

Yuki watched Monstar look so upset. She knew he needed some alone time. With a pat on his head, she went back to roaming around idly, eating her food as she did so.

Chu looked at Marley curiously when she was suddenly wrapped in Marley's tail. Chu looked at Marley with some confusion, then explained to her she went through some training, only really discharging when she woke up some mornings. Though, she did take this time to try and tickle Marley's tail.

Orochi let out a growl-like chuckle upon feeling the little tyke bite his wings. The small cries making both Orochi's and Naka's hearts warm. The Dark/Dragon-Type simply cooed gruffly, as if saying "what?" at the apparently "annoying" demeanor. He then grinned and stood up more on his front legs, making his back arch and possibly making Ozzy slide down his back.

Then, Ron made mention of a concert. Naka's eyes widened. "Really? After being mean and assuming I wouldn't care for my Pokemon that well?" She stood up and walked around the table to where Ron sat, a playful, mischievous grin on her face. "There might be dangerous people there, Gwen, and if we start drinking, we might not be able to protect you. This sort of stuff is only really, truly fun when you're old enough to enjoy it." She said matter-of-factly, not really caring if Gwen knew. Her gaze didn't leave Ron's. "Change your tone to be less demeaning towards my Flareon and the care of my Pokemon, and I might, 'Bob'." She then went to wrap an arm around his neck in a playful chokehold and ruffle his hair, trying to instigate a fight from him.

Nakano Saito​

Date: July 19 (26yo)
Location: Yellow Rock Beach, Yellow Rock Isle, Whirl Archipelago, Johto
Pokemon Team: Chu the Pichu, Mudster the Swampert, Iwa the Wishiwashi, Ludwig the Ludicolo, Aero the Aerodactyl, Brute Tooth the Barraskewda, Huntail, Gorebyss

Interactions: Blastoise
Mentions: Desmond (Godjacob), Reina (Hecotoro)

Naka watched the waves churn worse, until suddenly a Blastoise emerged from the very sea. It was humungous... It looked like the perfect adversary!

While others were screaming to get off the island and others were thinking about running, Naka grinned a daring grin. Her Swampert took a few steps back and looked back to his trainer, in horror of the face she had right now. He ran up to her and shook her shoulders, warbling and growling in his Swampert noises. Naka chuckled and shook her head before petting it. "I know it's incredibly stupid. But that's what makes it so fun!" Seeing the history smatter the skin and shell of this Blastoise like tattoos of a bygone era was amazing!

And she wanted to see what its genetics were like. "Mudster, my bag. I want to get on it and take its blood sample." The Swampert practically shrieked before rolling his eyes and running off to get her backpack, coming back with the strap in his mouth. Naka unzipped it and grabbed a small plastic container, a plastic tube-like container, flexible hosing, a vial, and a large syringe specifically to stab through tough skin and armor. The first two items were to be protective casings just in case.

She grabbed a utility belt from the backpack and wrapped it around her waist, setting the items inside a pack. "Go hide it. Aero!" She called up, her Aerodactyl looking down at her and tilting his head to the side. "We're gonna go to that thing and get its blood!" She yelled, probably alerting everyone else to her plan and how Zubat-shit insane it was. The Aerodactyl didn't seem too pleased, but he'd do anything for his trainer. He swooped down, Naka hopping on. After hiding her backpack again, Mudster came back, but he and Iwa were quickly returned in their PokeBalls as Naka flew up into the air with her Aerodactyl. Watching the scene in front of her, Naka waited for the Blastoise to make a move, with Aerodactyl's wings itching to show off his acrobatics.

Reginald Valerias​

Pokemon Team: Emeric the Shiny Haunter, Elvira the Munna, Bob the Shedinja, Large Marge the Drifloon, Missy the Misdreavus

Hearing she was also in the WCS, Reggie practically radiated happiness like a glow from his beaming face. He gasped and leaned forward, excitement in every fiber of his being. "Why, that's amazing! I'm erh.... Where am I...?" He mumbled to himself, then seemed to not really care as he shrugged. "Eh, I've been at it for a while. I got like... Two badges in Sinnoh, another two badges in Unova, and a ribbon in Sinnoh. So that should at least tell you where I am right now, but I know I'm not above Great or anything. At least not yet. I just want to show my prowess with Pokemon so I can have an easier time becoming a gym leader. I can help with training and all. Going for the number one spot is a valiant effort, so I'm gonna root for you."

Valiant, it was. While he didn't really think anybody could get there, it was a dream, and he wanted to help her see this dream to fruition, even if she got close but never achieved it. He chuckled a bit happily at the compliment to his Pokemon's names, Elvira softly cooing in delighted agreement. "Thanks."

Hearing of Adrianne's plans, Reggie nodded excitedly. "Oh oh, I was thinking of heading to whatever island before we get to the first gym anyway. We gotta get Water-Types for the first gym, right? I need to get two Water-Types. Hopefully of the Ghost variety, as that's my specialty. One good at snipe-shooting, the other good at surfing." He hoped these Pokemon would be there, and he sat there humming to himself as he mused. "Would Frillish be here...?"

~Aldon Larch...~

Aldon watched as the kaiju blastoise appeared. Aldon gestured Skol to walk towards the blastoise, then snapped a picture of Skol with the blastoise in the background. He watched as Desmond and Reina were concerned about Gene's safety. It was a good thing someone was looking out for the kid.

"Yyyyyyeeeeaahh...I'm Kinda with Desmond on this one. Maybe not leave this island just yet, but definitely leave this area to say the least..." He commented. He then looked at Naka.

"What are doing? Why are you making that faaace? Oh... Oooooohhh... I got a baaad feeling about this..." Aldon said as he began getting distance between him and the two sea creatures. Yet he wanted to stay just to see whether this plan of Naka's would either be a complete success or a backfire horribly. he didn't know what her plan was, but he was rooting for her. That and maintaining a safe distance.

Last edited:
Ron Freaking Towers - Sinnoh, Eterna City.

Ron crossed his arms and watched Fluffy walk away from Luz. He knew a male interested in a female when he saw one. But, there was no way in hell he was going to admit that his baby Espeon was attracted to another of her kind. Yet, he didn't want to piss Naka off.

"I guess it's fine, just as long as he doesn't burn her or anything. Luz might have years of experience, but she's still blind." He looked down at his Espeon, who was struggling to walk in between the legs of the chairs and tables, sniffing the air, searching for that crispy burnt smell she had by her side earlier. "I can't have her near my Tyranitar or Rampardos, since she's too small and they might hurt her, despite knowing each other for years." He groaned as Luz found the Flareon, reaching out to it with her paw in a playful way, "So, I'm not comfortable with strangers around her or others that might spark her into doing something we haven't trained for, in this case, chasing one of her own."

A smug smile appeared on the trainer as Naka wrapped her arm around his neck. "Okay, I get it! Your fire thing can hang out with Luz, but don't expect me to be happy about it." Ron reached out with his right arm and tried to push Naka away. "Don't worry Gwen, we can do something tomorrow after you win your gym badge." He stopped a second to listen to what he had just said.

For a moment he realized he was opening up to these people he met a few hours ago. He was actually making plans to be more around them, forgetting that he was only there for the Rotom phone. In fact, with Naka there, he could just leave and trust they could call him when the phone was unlocked. He had things to do, wasting his time watching gym battles and helping others train wasn't in his agenda. For a moment, he was about to get up an excuse himself, but he didn't.

Marley was having a blast, keeping Chu wrapped with her tail while pulling him up and rubbing her cheeks against his. Giggling while the Pichu tried to tickle her tail. Luz was getting to know another of her own species, which was something she hadn't done before. Even his more serious Pokemon, except for Furia, were out there existing with others around them. When was the last time they weren't on the hunt and actually stopped to have fun?

"So, we ready to go?" Ron said, "Might be a good idea to get some rest before the gym battles tomorrow. Hey Gwen, need Luz to keep ya company tonight? She's a great body guard and her purring can make the angriest Primeape fall asleep."

July 19, Tuesday - Yellow Rock Isle, Johto, Eveline

"Huh? Oh, uh... I'll clean this up when we're back at the hotel. I don't wanna be here for 15 years just trying to clean my face up... knew I should've invested in waterproof makeup, but nooooo... I'm a cheapskate and refuse to buy anything that costs more than 500... fuckin' god damn flowers at fuckin' Krog-"

Eveline's muttering would be cut off by the giant Blastoise that emerged from the ocean, and all that she would think is that this wasn't the Galar region, so why the HELL has that such a big turtle?! Did it drink some ooze or something? Next thing she knew though, Esther's girl crush was running towards the giant death monster instead of away from it.

"...Esther, do you want me to y'know... stop your girlfriend from committing self death? Because I think she might've lost enough of her brain cells in that fight to think it's a good idea."

July 19, Tuesday - Yellow Rock Isle, Johto, Genevieve

After being dragged up from the sand, Gene would look over to where Sam was, and he was consuming a hot dog very fervently. Gene would also slip her wetsuit off, then went to grab a hot dog from the hot dog cart. After acquiring the sustenance, she was going to slide it into her scarf and eat it from the inside, but then the ground shook from the beeg tort rising from the water. Sam looked in shock, nearly dropping his hot dog on the ground, while Sticky Fingers may have inked a little while a hot dog was shoved in his snout. Then, like the gremlin she's become, Gene began trying to walk over to the Blastoise to give them her hot dog. Needless to say, Sticky Fingers hated this idea, keeping a strong grip on both her and the hot dog cart, having Gene basically walk in place as her arm was held out towards the Blastoise, hot dog in hand. People weren't themselves when they were hungry, so maybe he just needed a snack?

As Desmond contemplated all of his poor life decisions that had led him to be under the shadow of this towering Blastoise, Politoed seemed to return by its side as Desmond had never been more thankful to see its companion by his side. Least he had some type of defense now as even Aldon seemed to agree they needed to go, but not before he had taken a picture.

"Wait he has a camera?"

That thought passed as quickly as it had come, as Naka then came in and she seemed committed to fighting this thing, did this girl have a death wish!? This was a job for Pokemon Rangers not them! And to make it worse, she had not been the only one who seemed to approach the massive creature...

~~~~~
As Politoed had left to go shield Desmond, Kricketune had kept on guard as it needed to keep the kid safe. So long as they kept away from the giant monster Blastoise, things should be oka...what was she doing!? The Kricktune's eyes widened as Gene seemed to walk with reckless abandon and tried to present a hot dog to the Kaiju-sized Blastoise.

Kricktune seemed to realize it needed to stop this kid before she hurt herself, Sticky Fingers seemed to have the same idea as Kricktune tried to aid in grabbing her arm as it hoped to pull her back away from the colossus.

Adrianne listened to this Reggie as he seemed to explain his own credentials; notable, he had completed a few gyms and even earned a Contest ribbon. While he had downplayed it as nothing special Adrianne seemed amazed and at his offer to be trained by him a bit she had given an enthusiastic nod. "O-oh sure! I am new to all this so anyone with Gym and Contest experience is worth learning some pointers from. Thank you."

When asked where they were, she seemed to clarify as she took it as a straight question. "Oh we are on the shores of Valencia Island." Adrianne said, though when mentioned they'd need a Water type for the first of the Orange Crew her eyebrows seemed to rise. Wait, how did he know that? She had heard of the Orange Crew but had no details on what they looked for in a challenge as they differed from the traditional Gym Challenge of most regions.

"Wait how did you know that? Do you know what the Orange Crew each are looking for?" Adrianne asked, though she thought over the whole Water Type thing. Aqua technically would evolve into a Water Type, but would she by the time they had made it to the island with this Gym? She decided it couldn't hurt to find another as it had always been good to have options. "Well, on the seas of the Orange Islands I am sure we're bound to find plenty of Water Types." Adrianne mused as she figured that would be easy enough. Surf and what she presumed was Water Gun, that would be useful.

Reginald Valerias​

Reggie was a bit surprised to see Adrianne get so excited about his badges when he talked about them. Odd. He always thought it wasn't good enough, and the crippling defeat at the two region's third gyms him wishing he wasn't born. But it did warm his heart to know that Adrianne wanted to look up to him. He nodded at her thanks, swinging his legs.

That was when she asked how he knew about the water thing, and his eyes widened. Did she not know? Was she going in blind???

He chuckled, scratching the back of his head. "Ah-hah, yeah, uh... So... About that..." He hung his head and sighed dramatically, then pulled his head back up. "Okay, I'm gonna say something really embarrassing, but we should probably get a move on and I'll tell ya." He waited for the Gyarados to start moving before he started talking again.

"Anyway, I just really hate losing a Pokemon battle, right? Like, I come from a rich family but because I'm doing things that are very much not what they had in mind for my career, I don't want to disappoint them or myself on how I see myself, ya know? I uh... The third gyms in Sinnoh and Unova absolutely killed me because I went in sort of blind, so now I come prepared and start planning out what Pokemon I should get or what gyms I should watch out for and stuff..." He chuckled a little as he reminisced on how he found the information. "It was kind of difficult. I had to cross reference so many personal stories about the Orange Crew because the Orange Crew wanted to keep their trials a secret from the public, but they can't stop the power of sharing on Pokemon Reddit, or Pokkit for short." He added cheekily, then sighed, leaning forward and resting his elbow against the segment he sat in front of, his hand propping up his chin.

"So uh... I don't want to be embarrassed by a loss, especially while not in front of someone who thinks highly of me." He looked at her with a smile before going back over the waters. "But yeah, um... That's that. If you still wanna go at it blind, by all means, I don't mind not telling you. I'll just try not to explode with information, which is... A bit difficult, honestly. A bit of a nerd, I am." He chuckled, trying to not make his sudden dip of confidence become awkward silence or just him accidentally being awkward.

Even if he only had a couple Gyms as experience, for someone like her who had just began her journey and was new to all of this it sounded rather amazing from her perspective. And given that the Orange League was said to be more challenging to newcomers than a traditional Gym Circuit so any advice she'd be able to gain was something she'd appreciate.

"Oh right. Let's go Gyarados to Tangelo Island!" Adrianne called out, and with a subtle "Gyara" the Sea Dragon began to move along the water's surface as they had begun their journey to the next island.

"Hey don't feel shy, happy to know where all that knowledge comes from." Adrianne smiled back as she tried to encourage Reggie, and the young man seemed to outline that he was someone who seemed to struggle with defeat. Seemed he came from a wealthy background as the more modest Adrianne could only invasion what high society was like but it seemed she was traveling with a wealthy nerdy as he took his losses as the third Gym of each region he's been in hard and now used what he could to get himself as prepared as possible.

"I see, I see. I don't tend to search around for gossip on places, prefer to go in blind to experience it myself. Part of the whole challenge, but hey your knowledge will certainly come in hand when need be I am sure and you don't have to feel guilty sharing what you had thus far." Adrianne said with a smile as she tried to encourage Reggie.

Reginald Valerias​

Reggie's eyes were beginning to droop, his head now migrating to rest on his forearm as it laid across the Gyarados. He smiled softly at Adrianne's attempts at bringing up his confidence, chuckling. "Thank you, Adrianne. I just hope you don't hate me for my behavior when I lose. I tend to lose friends pretty quickly when they see-" He yawned, sighing. "-that..." He nodded sleepily as she wished not to hear anything, but would like to know when she asked for it.

"Thank you..." He said, eyes drooping until they closed completely, his breathing evening out. His Munna floated off his head and sat beside Adrianne, cooing at her. The spot on her forehead began to glow, and a pink mist formed and connected with Reggie, the pink mist darkening from the presence of nightmares.

| Korutesu |

Quincy Alex Palmer
Date: July 19th

The Gyarados charged up it's Hyper Beam, although by a miracle, something changed it's trajectory hitting the seabed in the water instead of them on land. The ground trembled as loud stomping could be heard from the sea. What did that Gyarados just do? They weren't on the giving side, that's for sure. No, far from it. They were on the recieving end of this Gyarados' attack, and because of it, a enourmous Blastoise, looked more than two stories tall, came out of the sea, as the Gyarados flew(?) away in fear as Naka's pokemon made it run away.

Oh man.. The Blastoise was giant, so how were they even going to make a dent in that thing? It would be almost impossible to take it down. Ruby was jumping up and down, clearly wanting to take it on, but Quincy wouldn't budge. He wouldn't let her fight the Blastoise. It was too dangerous, especially for her. She might be good in battling, but Ruby isn't that good. Quincy knew that she wasn't going to make a dent in that thing, and there wasn't a point in trying.

"Okay, So first we had a mad Gyarados, and now we have a extremely large Blastoise. How is it even that BIG?" Quincy exclaimed. There was no recorded Pokémon of this size, other than some fabled legendary Pokémon, which meant that this Blastoise was hiding here for years now. What were they even going to do about it? There wasn't anywhere they could run, and if they tried it with brute force, it'd probably retaliate harder than they hit it. Quincy was definitely panicking here, seeing how their situation looks right now.