• Welcome back to Pokécharms! We've recently launched a new site and upgraded forums, so there may be a few teething issues as everything settles in. Please see our Relaunch FAQs for more information.

Shiny Motley

2016 Singles Football
Requests: OPEN
Commissions: CLOSED

Heyo! Welcome to my sprite thread! This is where I post all request/commission information.

Request Rules:
  • If requests are closed, do not ask me to make a sprite for you. If you do, I'll just ignore your post.
  • One request per person. I have a heavy workload and I don't have time to fulfill multiple requests from the same person. This limit is reset anytime I re-open requests.
  • If you're using a sprite I made for you, please provide credit for me either in your signature or information tab. Please read my FAQ at the bottom of this post for how to credit me!
Requests:
Mini/Tini Cards
275796_Example.png
276797_Example.png

Mini and Tini Cards are back! If you would like one, please just fill out this form and post in the thread.

Card Type: (Mini or Tini)
Trainer Name: (only needed for Mini cards)
Pokemon: (up to 6, please include shininess and forms if you can)
Card Color: (choose from the list below or tell me what other color you want)
Overworld Style: (Generation III, IV, or V styles available)
Trainer Description: (hair style, hair color, outfit, etc. Be as detailed as you can!)

nAzCX.jpg

Chibi Pixel
tumblr_ogwazvJ6yk1viy4rfo1_400.png

Just some cute pixels I like to make in my free time. They're all 47x47 pixels in size and are therefore pretty tiny. Please either describe the character you want as best as you can, or give me example images/reference images.

Note: Reference image does not mean using someone else's art and asking me "can you pixel this for me?", because that would mean the character wasn't your own design. Instead, you can do things like send me images of a hairstyle you like, the dress you want the character to wear, etc. This does not extend to if you want me to sprite a particular character from an anime, movie, etc.

Trainer Sprites
368508_Candela.png
368514_Blanche.png
368516_Spark.png
191822_Kris.png

The Long-Anticipated return of trainer sprite requests! Like the Chibi Pixels, just provide a description of your character/give me reference pictures, and I'll sprite it best I can. Additionally, if you want me to use a particular base sprite, let me know when requesting.

Commission Information:

tumblr_o29l670wQe1rcs0rzo1_540.gif

Commission Rules:

• No NSFW. Nada.
  • Pokemon-style sprites means that I took an official Pokemon sprite from the games and edited it in some form or fashion. Scratch sprites are sprites made 100% by me.
  • If possible, messaging me with full-body references would be nice. If not, a description of what you want for your sprite is required; the more details you give me, the better.
  • Payment will be via PayPal. I will provide you with my PayPal after I have finished but before I post the finished sprite
  • Before I ask for payment, I’ll send you a monochrome version of the sprite so you can tell me if there’s anything you want changed.
  • I reserve the right to turn down any commission at any point, at any time, for any reason.
  • Rules and pricing are subject to change at any time.

FAQ:

Q: How long does it usually take to make a sprite?
A: It depends on the sprite in question. It typically takes me an hour and a half to make a sprite, though some take longer (non-humanoid sprites especially), and some take shorter (single-frame overworlds, simple trainer sprites, etc.)

Q: How long will it take for you to finish a request/commissions?
A: Depends on my workload. Usually expect anywhere between one to three days, though there are times when I might take over a week. Just be patient, and if you think I might've forgotten about your sprite just send me a gentle reminder. I do, unfortunately, have a life outside of my computer.

Q: Where do you get the sprites?
A: I got them from Spriters-Resource. They have a HUGE variety of sprites to choose from from all different kinds of consoles, not just Pokemon! I highly recommend using them to get sprite sheets and the like.

Q: How long have you been spriting?
A: Since I joined this site back in 2007.

Q: Do you make other kinds of sprites besides Pokemon?
A: I can, and I have in the past. However, I'm not very skilled at them due to their different art styles, so I would prefer to avoid non-Pokemon related sprites for the moment.

Q: Why do I have to pay for sprites? That's not fair!
A: If you don't want to pay for sprites, that's completely fine! There are many, many other good artists and spriters even here on this site who are likely willing to sprite for you for either cheaper or even free. However, due to circumstances, I decided to only make sprites for others as commissions.

Q: What's the difference between commissioning and requesting?
A: For me, a request means just that, you REQUEST for me to make a sprite, meaning if/when I do make the sprite, I still maintain full rights to it, though usually I allow requesters to use my sprites as avatars, parts of signatures, etc. However, I do not allow requesters to use my sprites for their own personal works or for personal profit, be it monetary or otherwise. Commissions, on the other hand, are different. The commissioner gets full rights to the sprites and are allowed to use them however you want. This, however, does NOT mean claiming the work as their own; that is a form of stealing, even if they had paid me to make it.

Q: Can I use your sprites for [insert thing here]?
A: That would depend on what you use it for, and I would prefer for you to ask me first. In general, yes, you may use my sprites for your avatar(s), signatures, etc. as long as you credit me somewhere. However, you may not ever, EVER, alter my sprites for ANY reason whatsoever (unless you were the original commissioner).

Q: How can I credit you?
A: In a variety of ways. You can either link back to this thread, my profile, my twitter, my tumblr, my deviantArt, or my Facebook; see below for details. I require all of my sprites to be credited when used outside of the Pokecharms TCM.

Q: Can I submit your sprite to the TCM?
A: No. If you want to submit my sprite to the TCM, even if you are the original commissioner, then just let me know and I'll do it myself.

Q: Will you EVER make a sprite for me for free?
A: That depends on many factors. Yes, I do make gift sprites every once in a while, though do not count on such if you ever want a sprite from me for "free". Again, there are many other spriters here on the site you can request a trainer from!

Q: Do you take commissions for animated sprites?
A: That depends on the complexity of the animation. Be warned, though, that I have made only a few very simple animations (usually 2-3 frames), so I'm not very skilled at them. ^^;

Q: How can I contact you?
A: There are many ways to contact me! If you can't post in the thread, post on my profile, or PM me here on Pokecharms, you can also get my attention on Twitter, DeviantArt, Tumblr, Facebook, or email (my email is shiny_eevee14@yahoo.com). I typically check my Tumblr most, followed by Facebook and dA, though I usually check all of my social networking sites at least once every 2-3 days.

Current Requests:

Last edited by a moderator:
Wow Shiny, great to see you're taking commissions! Your sprites are awesome; I always enjoy them.

If it's ok, I'll start out with a large-ish request?

3 trainer overworld-bundles. 2 of the trainers would be adults with rancher or pokemon breeder-esque clothing. One male, one female. Photo references will be sent over PM. The third would be a young girl of 6-8 years who would be the daughter of the previous 2.

The 3 also come with a laundry list of pokemon:

A Ludicolo
a Vulpix
a Ninetales
a Zorua
an Audino
a Stunfisk
an Axew
a Flygon
a Combusken
a Meowth
a Persian
a shiny Spinarak

There would also be a few pokemon with some alterations.

A bulbasaur with mis-aligned eyes
A shiny charizard with a mega stone around its neck
and a kangaskhan with a stone around it's baby's neck.

And anything I left out, will be gladly sent via PM.

Shiny Motley

2016 Singles Football
@theclownfish they are not requests, they are called commissions. Requests are pieces of art the artist may choose to complete but the artist still retains full rights to said artwork, unless otherwise stated. Commissions, for me, are paid works which you can basically buy rights to, which I have stated in my first post. This means the commissioner may, for example, use my sprite for another work they want (sprite comic, signature, etc.), which I otherwise would not allow under normal circumstances.

Also, already told @Dinova this over chat, but as an example his commission request would be $30 for three Trainer+Overworld requests, plus two Pokemon+Overworld requests unless I misunderstood something (the Bulbasaur is a simple enough edit that I won't charge for it).

Last edited:

baratron

Moderator of Elder Scrolls
Staff member
I would like 2 x Trainer + Mugshot Bundles!

Character 1: Martin Septim from Elder Scrolls IV: Oblivion
I'm not going to give you too many references from the game Oblivion because it's eight years old and the people mostly look like potatoes. (@StellarWind Elsydeon has the only known attractive character and he spent hours working on her).
Martin's face made by me in Elder Scrolls Online.

He should be wearing his blue priest's robe:
Martin does not like being in a river.
A really nasty potato-headed photo but at least it shows his robe in full.
Note that the sleeves do not reach his hands. He's wearing some kind of tight black garment underneath (like a long-sleeved t-shirt, only presumably knitted).
Martin's shoes are nothing special, just put him in plain brown shoes.

Character 2: Alix de Feu, my player character from various Elder Scrolls games
Alix's face made by me in Elder Scrolls Online.

He can wear clothes similar to what he's wearing in that shot (green top and brown leather trousers). His hair is wrong though, it should be wavy rather than straight and pulled-back. More like this picture. Also he has pointed ears, though this will only be relevant in the headshot.

The best picture of Alix's armour I have.
A full body shot with a ridiculous colour scheme.
You don't need to worry about all the straps and buckles, just something that makes sense.

I have other pictures but they've mostly been deleted from the internet by their artists so I'd have to specifically upload them or email them to you.

Also, it would be awesome if you could pose the Alix and Martin trainers so that they could also be put together as a single picture.

Last edited:
Hhhhmmm... I would like to Patronise you! XD

I would like ta have a Trainer + Bundle of one of my Dark Souls 2 Character...
Here's what he looks like...
INwRBP4.png

His name is Facey

Anyways, I have a little question to ask; The pricing is all in US dollars right?

Shiny Motley

2016 Singles Football
@Panzer Jaeger yep, my prices are all in USD. It might take a bit before I get to your sprite since I just moved back to college and I have about five other sprites I need to finish before I get to yours, but I should have your sprite in two or so weeks ^^;

Also, which bundle do you want?

Shiny Motley

2016 Singles Football
@Thomas Runner unfortunately yes as I'm short on money in general and don't have the time to take regular requests. Will probably open up normal, non-money requests sometime in the future after I finish the sprites I have to do now (which is actually quite a few because I've been putting many of these off for months)

Thomas Runner

Formerly Wolf Spirit
@Thomas Runner unfortunately yes as I'm short on money in general and don't have the time to take regular requests. Will probably open up normal, non-money requests sometime in the future after I finish the sprites I have to do now (which is actually quite a few because I've been putting many of these off for months)
okay, i don't have much money either, sorry, maybe later then

Shiny Motley

2016 Singles Football
Bump! I'm opening up commissions again, if anyone is interested! I need some money for personal reasons, so gonna try to get a little bit of money this way. I don't expect to get much, but it's worth a shot.

Please check out the first post if you're interested in commissioning me!

Shiny Motley

2016 Singles Football
Can you do a mini-card of my official trainer card?
How i can pay here?
271623_trainercard-Hernan23Pro.png
To quote what I had in my Mini-card work:

I'll eventually open up requests for these as they don't take too long to do. But not now.

I'm currently in the middle of mid-terms and I'm too busy to take requests for these. I'll let you know when I do start opening requests for them, however (I'll make a new post in this thread saying they're open is what I mean).

As for payment, mini-cards will be free unless you REALLY want one right now and want to pay like, $3 for it. Generally all payment should be through Paypal, and more information on that is in my first post.

To quote what I had in my Mini-card work:

I'm currently in the middle of mid-terms and I'm too busy to take requests for these. I'll let you know when I do start opening requests for them, however (I'll make a new post in this thread saying they're open is what I mean).

As for payment, mini-cards will be free unless you REALLY want one right now and want to pay like, $3 for it. Generally all payment should be through Paypal, and more information on that is in my first post.
ok,i can wait

about pay,i don't have paypal,so,like i said,i can wait,it isn't needed to be ready right now,three or four days can be good,but use all the time you need.

Shiny Motley

2016 Singles Football
@Hernan23Pro unfortunately I might take longer than that; you might have to wait about a week for your sprite in all honesty. My last midterm this month is next Wednesday and I'll be busy studying, finish labs, etc. up until then.

Shiny Motley

2016 Singles Football
275796_Example.png
276797_Example.png

Mini-Cards and Tini-Cards are officially open for request! I'm not done with midterms but things have quieted down enough that I can start making a list of requests and making them in my free time. If you would like one, please just fill out this form and post in the thread.

Card Type: (Mini or Tini)
Trainer Name: (only needed for Mini cards)
Pokemon: (up to 6, please include shininess and forms if you can)
Card Color: (choose from the list below or tell me what other color you want)
Overworld Style: (Generation III, IV, or V styles available)
Trainer Description: (hair style, hair color, outfit, etc. Be as detailed as you can!)

nAzCX.jpg

@Hernan23Pro I'll be working on yours after I come back from my midterm this evening. Expect it sometime tonight!

Thanks for the minicard,use the time you need,use a year if you need it,i'll wait :).
Card type:Mini.
Trainer name:Hernan.
Pokemon:Trainer Card.
Card color:B.
Overworld sprite:Gen V.
Trainer description:Hilbert(Male character)with black hair.
Time limit:Unlimited ;).
Credit:Obviusly.
Added/Followed:Obviusly.

RafuRum

Formerly Raf-A-Rum
errrp... requesting~~~ :3
Card Type: Mini please~~ or can I have both? duhuhu :3
Trainer Name: - ̗̀RafuRum ̖́- **with the amiibo symbols please
Pokemon: Snorlax, Plusle, Minun, Dragonite, Venusaur, Swampert
Card Color: Letter "N"
Overworld Style and trainer description: Trainer blue's sprite from gen V with brown hair and a red bandana/scarf around the neck... dunno if that detail is visible tho.. Also if possible *although I already feel its not* he's wearing a snorlax themed hoodie brown cargo shorts, and black loafers as shoes.. :3 sorry if its too detailed...

THANKS! Shiny!! :D

Shiny Motley

2016 Singles Football
Limited Time Offer until April 3rd:

Accepting trainer sprite requests! These can be anything from OCs to anime characters to cosplayers/gijinkas. Limit to 1 sprite per person.