• A reminder: If you want to ask an RP thread creator if you can join their RP, do so in private - via conversation or profile messages - or via the thread's discussion thread, if one exists. Do NOT ask if you can join an RP on the RP thread itself! This leads to a lot of unnecessary OOC chatter and that's not what the RP boards are for.

This is clearly stated in our RP forum rules. If you've not read them yet, do so BEFORE posting anything in the RP forums. They may be found here (for Pokémon Role Play) or here (for General Role Play). Remember that the Global Rules of Pokécharms also apply in addition to these rule sets.
  • Welcome back to Pokécharms! We've recently launched a new site and upgraded forums, so there may be a few teething issues as everything settles in. Please see our Relaunch FAQs for more information.
(OOC: Hope this doesn't count as minimodding, but you should really write a bit more than a sentence or two in your posts...)

BIC:
"Wha-!" Houdini made an awkward sound as he was kicked across the floor, slamming into the side and back of the helicopter. The motion made his head spin, and the volume of Eve's cry and the blades outside did nothing to help him. On the verge of fainting, the shiny Sylveon laid his head down on the bottom of the cage, catching his breath and regaining his usual, painless state. Once that was achieved, he looked up to Epsilon again, biting his own tongue so he would not growl at the man. Instead, he merely looked at the man for a moment or two, before turning his head to look at Eve. "I'm alright, love. Don't worry about me. Please."

(Sorry! It's just that sometimes the things I need to say need to be out quick so others can respond. When I can, I try to make them very long.)
"O-okay..." Eve said, a bit freaked out.
"Good boy." Epsilon said before turning to Eve. The Eevee went as far back in her cage as she could. "But YOU're the one we really need." Epsilon stretched his hand out to touch Eve, but the Eevee bit him on the finger. "OW! Damn...!" Epsilon grunted. It seemed he couldn't harm Eve for some reason.

Midnight sighed, He had made it out of the forwst a few feet behind Volt. Volt still had a vast amount of Enerygy, unlike Midnight who was close to passing out to exsaustion. "Ugh, I starting over think this." Midnight groaned. He continued walking, slowly following behind Volt.

¨Oh¨ Seikatsu replied. He wished he knew what it felt like to love someone. To care for someone. To have someone to be his friend. He padded along the forest trail, the mountain not that far ahead. He started to question himself on why he was doing this. He had no other purpose, he thought to himself. If he went back now, he would just be some stupid coward who lived by himself and just wandered around. He couldn´t remember the last time he felt this much purpose. Even though he did not know anyone on that helicopter, he was determined to save them. For Volt. For Eve. For Himself.

(OOC: Here goes nothing ._.)
(I'm going to fail at this btw)
Narrator: So before everyone vanished off the face of the Earth So currently, Houdini, Flare, Eve, and Gemma (the latter being nonexistent until super duper necessary) are kidnapped by Team G, and are being taken to the bland, whitr gray base in the mountains that gives off a mechanical vibe. Midnight (grudgingly) leads Volt, Suba, Seikatsu, and Chrome to the base to free them.
(OOC: Did I do it good? Also if I forgot anybody or messed up an explanation, tell me in the discussion chat)

Last edited:
( OOC: REVIVAL >:3 )
Gemma stayed silent, watching the whole scene in the helicopter without making a sound. She wasn't suprised that she wasn't mentioned even once; no one ever notices her. Gemma was honestly suprised that they took her. She finally decided to speak.

"Houdini, Eve, where are we going?"

She sounded scared but she was trying to hide it and be brave.

(Let's go for it!)
Volt was climbing higher up the mountain, not caring whether or not the others were following. He kept going, seeing a door far in the distance.
Then he tripped over something.
A weird branch hooked up to a metal box. Could it have been one of those human contraptions Houdini had been talking about? Nevertheless, he heard something weird. A clanking noise. A hidden door opened up in the side of the mountain. As Volt waked inside, he noticed a bunch of wires. Like the ones his master had...

[Three years ago]
Volt was wandering with his sister, lost. He was doing his best to protect her. The two stumbled into a cave, which looked empty.
It wasn't.
One second later, Volt was desperately dragging Eve by the neck fur to keep her away from the raging Tauros that was now charging at them. Volt wasn't going to escape it. It was much faster. He braced for impact...

OVERCHARGE! ELECTRIC: SPECIAL! MAXIMUM VOLTAGE BLAST!
A large figure jumped in front of a large lightning bolt and redirected it towards the Tauros, blasting it with incredible force. The Tauros fell over, tuckered out. Volt and Eve stopped, turning to look at their rescuer.
Current the Electrivire stood up and looked at the siblings.
"You two okay?"

The helicopter soon landed on a platform in front of a large white building that seemed to be built into the mountain. The men grabbed the cages, with the bigger one still rubbing his fingers from Eve's bite and barking orders at the other men. Gemma tried using Icy Wind on the man with her cage, but it only sent a bit of cold air and a few snowflakes.

(OOC: Alright, let's do this thing!)

BIC:
Head still laying on the bottom of his cage, Houdini blinked his eyes a few times, trying to keep his blurry vision from getting any worse. At least his eyepatch hadn't flown off in the blow, but the Sylveon was in a bad state anyway. "No..." he breathed out, squinting up to the man that had picked his cage up from his spot by the back wall of the helicopter. "Please... Spare us..." Out of the corner of his eye, he noticed a few other things moving along with him, but his vision was now so bad, he could barely make out the colors of the objects. One of them appeared to be brown... Was that Eve? He couldn't be sure.

Where were they being taken? The shiny could just see the large, white thing the humans were walking towards. "Volt... Eve... Gemma... I'm sorry," Houdini finished, breath shaky, as he finally passed out in his cage, eye closed, the tips of his ears poking out of a side. He lost his consciousness feeling very useless and genuinely bad that he hadn't been able to save the others from getting caught.

"Hah! Cute." Epsilon said, grabbing Eve's cage. The Eevee started trying to break free, looking sadly at Gemma and Houdini as she was carried away. "You two! Put them in the holding cells."
"Yes sir!" the two grunts said, taking Houdini and Gemma away.
"You, little friend, are exactly what I need. And what I need, I GET." Epsilon said, smiling evilly. Eve shook with fear.

Eve and Volt were munching down a large piece of bread. They were in the house that Current had built. He was nice, giving them a place to rest.
"You guys full? If not, I can get you some more." Current asked as the siblings finished the last of the bread.
"No thank you, sir!" Eve said happily. "You've already been so nice to us, we couldn't possibly ask for more!"
"And why not?" Current replied. "You kids are on your own in a cruel world. It's my duty to help in any way I can."
"In that case..." Volt said, turning to the Electrivire. "Teach me."
"Uh... what?"
"Teach me your ways." Volt exclaimed, a passion in his eyes. "Teach me how to be strong. Teach me how to keep my sister safe, no matter what. Teach me how to be like you."
"So you want to learn my technique?" Current said, thinking. He looked at Volt and saw the passion.
He may be just the one... "Sure, why not?"

Gemma was racking her brain, trying to remember what moves she knows, which wasn't hard since there were only 4.
Icy Wind
Ice Bean
Aurora Beam
Dazzling Gleam
Maybe she could blind their captors? Gemma saw that Houdini was unconscious with his eyes closed. This wouldn't hurt him, but it would hurt the men. Gemma nodded, making a decision. "Dazzling Gleam!" She shouted.
The men cried out in pain and dropped the cages roughly into the floor.
Now what?
(OOC: Italics are thoughts and sorry if that move list doesn't match any moves I used before this, or if I got the names wrong)
(Another OOC: If your italics don't mean thoughts that's okay, like how for eeveechu italics mean flashback. I'm just saying in Gemma's/my case, italics are thoughts)

Last edited:
One of the men growled while the other covered his eyes. They both took out and put on special goggles. They soon had their eyesight back, and carried the critters to a cell room. The guards put the cages inside bigger cages with more security, and the cages collapsed. The small discs were retrieved, and the men started walking away.

Eve was taken and put in a small room. The cage dissolved, but before she could run a metal arm grabbed her. She tried to wiggle free, but she couldn't.
"Don't resist. There's no point to it." a depressed girl wearing a lab coat said, walking into the room. Δ was printed on her lab coat.
"We're all ready for ya, Delta!" Epsilon said with a creepy joy.
"I just don't get you." 'Delta' said. "How can you be so happy when the uselessness of everything continues?"
"That's just what Omega's doing, though!" Epsilon replied. "He's going to end it! Start it all anew."
"But until then, just more depression. At least I get to spread my sadness to others." Delta said with a half-smile. "Time for some work..."
Eve trembled in fear.

Volt struck Current with Thunderbolt again. Current flinched, but that was all.
"Good, but not enough. Again!"
Volt tried again, pouring everything he had into it. The bolt flashed a bright yellow and struck Current so hard he stumbled backwards.
"THAT'S MORE LIKE IT! Huh?" Current looked to see that Volt was panting, exhausted. "So clearly what we have to do is work on your endurance. You need to be able to put your all into every attack without wasting your energy."
"How? Tell me, master."
"All you need is to keep training. The more you use powerful attacks like that, the more you'll get used to them. And the stronger you'll become. When you can keep up a steady stream, you'll be the best you can be."
"Thank you, master. Just give me a minute to rest. Then we can get right back to it."
"Of course, my apprentice." Current said.
I could tell how powerful that attack was. ...he is the one.

Gemma cried out in frustration, body slamming the bars of the cell pointlessly. The air around her seemed to get colder, but she forced her self to calm down so that she didn't freeze Houdini. She walked over to where he lay and prodded him with a paw.
"Houdini? Houdini please wake up..."

Daisy wasn't sure what to do. All she knew is that she's bored. So the little Leafeon set on an adventure to somewhere where she doesn't know. Daisy walked for ages and finally got somewhere. "Ooh," She said to herself. "This looks like a good place to play in." What she didn't know is that she just walked inside Team G's hide out.

Last edited:
He could feel something... but it seemed so distant and light. Unable to make out the feeling coming and going on his side, Houdini stirred in his unconsciousness, tightening the grip that held his eye closed as he squirmed. "Neh..." he breathed out, unknowingly stretching a forepaw out toward Gemma. With another long exhalation of breath, the shiny Sylveon's deep sleep continued, mouth partially opened, his paw laying in its outstretched position. His ribbons now laid sprawled out around him, having also stretched in his slumber. Still unconscious, he wasn't sure if he had felt another touch on the tip of one of the ribbons or not, but his brain drew a blank as he continued to sleep, allowing him to forget about any such thing.

Gemma sighed, looking around the empty cell. Even though she was sitting right next to another Pokemon, she felt alone. She sighed and sat down, waiting for Houdini to wake up.

Volt walked through the hallways, cautious. He heard some Team G grunts talking and walking. The Jolteon ducked behind a wall to hide from the grunts.
What he didn't realize was that he had just placed himself in front of a security camera.
"Alert! Intruder in the base! Visual identification labels the intruder as a Jolteon! Do not - I repeat - DO NOT use tasers or electric weapons to capture!" a voice over the speaker said. "Located on level B7F, section 4-A!"
"Section 4-A?" one of the guards said, turning around. He spotted Volt. "Found the intruder!"
Crud. Volt thought, hitting the two with a Thunderbolt attack. The alarms started blaring, and he ran off.

Soon Volt had five guards chasing him. He was running as fast as he could, looking at the guards who were chasing him.
Which was why he slammed into the shiny Leafeon.

[Two years ago]
"Alright, let's begin! Attack!" Current said, readying himself. Volt looked like he was going to attack from the front, but used Double Team to change his position to the rear. The Electrivire couldn't tell which one of the images was really his apprentice. That's why he was surprised when he was struck in the back by a Thunderbolt strong enough to send him flying to the ground. "That... was really powerful!" Current said, standing up. "I don't think I could do any better myself! You've mastered the Thunderbolt technique."
"Thank you, master." Volt replied. "So... what's next?"
"You've already mastered the other things I had to teach." Current said. "You've mastered your endurance, your power, your agility, your perception... there's nothing else that I can do for you."
"...I can tell there's something else."
"Oh?" Current asked. "Please, do tell. What else do you think I could teach you? What support do you have to back up this claim?"
"The evidence... is in two parts." Volt replied. "First of all, that necklace you wear."
"My... necklace?"
"I always thought it looked like it served some strange person. Whenever I asked about it, you always brushed it off and told me 'It's nothing special'. I think it is. It's faint, but I think I remember it glowing on the night we first met, then losing that light. Second of all, that attack you used on that night."
"The attack. Yes."
"It's not like any attack you've ever shown me. Not like any attack I've ever learned. It's some kind of special move. And it's connected to that necklace. That's what I think you can teach me."
"Very astute." Current said, smiling. "Good work, Volt. You're right. I do have yet to teach you that attack. The first thing I have to teach you is the name."
"Every attack has a name to differentiate it from others and to let the Pokemon know exactly what to do in a few spoken syllables."
"Indeed. That attack I used... It's called an Overdrive."

Gemma gasped at the sound of the alarms. B7F, 4A? Was that close? She has to try.
"Is anyone there? Help!" She cried out, hoping the Jolteon would hear her, "Please, if you're out there please help us!" She continued saying this, hoping she would catch the attention of the Pokemon if it was close.

There was a sudden loudness to his surroundings that began to get to Houdini. Squeezing his eye shut tighter, he actually managed to roll onto his opposite side in his fading state of unconsciousness. With a groan, his blue ears twitched as the noises grew louder, more close, and strained his delicate hearing. Wanting to end the loud noises, the Sylveon pressed a paw to his ears, groaning once again as his head began to spin.

He was awake, alright, but not completely, mentally there just yet. Even though he very badly wanted to see what was going on, he restrained himself from opening his eye, as he thought his vision would quickly become blurry and painful. "Wha..." he mumbled, attempting to pick himself up onto his paws, partially with his ribbons. "Why... Loud... Ow..."

Gemma looked back quickly for the source of the talking and saw Houdini starting to wake up.
"Thank goodness you're awake! There was an alert about a Jolteon being spotted inside, and I wanted to try and get it's attention in case it were near! I've already tried freeing us once while you were unconscious and it didn't work and I didn't know what to do and you didn't wake up--" Gemma was really nervous and had started to ramble at this point.

Cryo's ears twitch as he listened closely to the alert, B7F A4? That's not too far from here, maybe this Jolteon will distraction enough grunts for me to escape. Cyro had no clue how many grunts were chasing the Jolteon or if the security around his cage was thin enough for him to break out, but this seemed like a pretty good chance to try. Well it's now or never!
Aiming towards the bars in front of him Cryo attacked at full power.
"BLIZZARD!!"
The temperature in the room rapidly dropped as Cryo's attack took effect and the sudden drop in temperature caused the metal bars of the cage to become dislodged. It would still be tough to get out but now he could probably knock out a few bars with sheer force, and that's exactly what he did.
Five take down's later Cryo was out of his cage and racing through the hall ways. If i'm going to do a Jail Break i'm gonna need some help , I can't charge through all of these Team G grunts by myself.
Picking a room at random he burst through the doors, a quick scan of the room revealed only one cage containing two Pokemon, a beautiful Glaceon and a one eyed Sylveon. He stared at both curiously, before asking "Need some help?"

Gemma gasped, seeing the Shiny Glaceon.
"Yes please! We were put here, but an eevee is somewhere else in this building, but we don't know where! Can you get us out and help us find her?" Gemma couldn't stand still, she was so anxious to escape this strange place with Houdini and Eve. She kept bouncing around on her paws, hoping the Pokemon would help.

Cryo was a bit taken back by the Glaceon's enthusiasm, but it was probably how most people would react in this situation. Nodding his head he immediately got to work. Unfortunately, he couldn't use Blizzard since he didn't want the hit the Sylveon but with enough time the same effect could be achieved using Ice Beam. After a few minutes Cryo switched methods and began gnawing on the bar with Ice Fang, this also lasted for a few minutes before he stepped back.
"You should be able to knock the bars out now."

Gemma nodded nervously and slammed into the bars. She did this a few times until they finally broke with a loud clang. Gemma winced at the noise, but looked up at the Shiny Glaceon, "What now?"

"Hu-?" He wasn't even able to finish mumbling before a series of louder noises sent him back down to the cage's bottom. With a desperate whimper, Houdini actually began to shake as the noises grew more and more unbearable in his already-painful head. "S-Sto-"

"What now?"

What were those loud noises, anyway? They seemed to end with the uttering of this phrase, so Houdini dared remove his ribbons from literally inside his ears and slowly reopened his eye. "You... You okay...?" he asked, struggling to get to his paws once again. "Wha... What were... those?"

Another Glaceon? When did he get here? Tilting his head to the side, the shiny Sylveon studiedthe other male, unsure of what his intentions were. This, of course, was before he saw the broken-open cage, so he assumes that he had something to do with it. Back on his paws, Houdini struggled over to the two, using his ribbons as support. "Th-Thank you," he said, managing to bow his head, "for he...helping us..."

Volt backed away from the hard-light hologram. "Cute." the Jolteon said, blasting it. He continued to run from the grunts. He saw a blast door coming down and jumped though. The grunts banged the door, trying to signal the guards to open it. Then another alarm sounded.
"Another intruder is on Floor 3! Sector 2-B! It has freed two prisoners!"
"Prisoners...? Vee! Houdini!" Volt said. He looked for some stairs.

"Houdini! You're awake! Thank Arceus, I thought you were dead. Sorry about the noise, this glaceon here froze the bars but I had to break them. He's going to help us find Eve." Gemma seemed nervous but was trying to stay normal, which of course wasn't normal since she barely talked. But hey, she was trying.

Cryo stared blankly at the Glaceon who didn't even give him enough time to respond before she was already engaged in another conversation. He didn't really mind though as she was probably worried about her friend. However ,two things caught his attention, 1) Who's eve? and 2) when did I promise to help them find her/him? It seems like he had just been signed up for a rescue mission against his will.

Cryo shook his head and gave up, maybe he had saved the wrong people..... but it was too late for regret so he'd just have to deal with it.

"I would suggest we leave immediately but...." As his words trailed off his gaze shifted onto the Sylveon, who appeared to be called Houdini.

Gemma took in a deep breath. She was getting ahead of herself. Did the Glaceon say yes? No. He didn't. Now she felt bad, she probably just guilt tripped him into helping anyway. She sighed.
"I... I'm sorry... I've been a bit nervous... I don't act normal when I'm nervous... I'm Gemma, and this is Houdini... Would you mind helping us rescue our friend... an Eevee named Eve...?"

Things seemed to be moving a bit too quickly. Of course, Houdini couldn't remember where exactly they were, but a pure white-colored something stuck in his memory. Gemma turned back to explain things to the other Glaceon, who seemed a bit reluctant about something. Feeling began to slowly creep back into his limbs, and Houdini found that he could bend his legs easier, letting up a bit on the pressure he had been forced to put on his ribbons.

Shaking his head, the shiny Sylveon took his time in staggering over to the broken-open door, face contorted into a look of pure determination. "I can assure you, sir, that I will be fine. Besides, if worse comes to worst, I always have a little second plan I could use. There is no reason to be concerned about me." Houdini knew that they should, in fact, be concerned about his limited capabilities, but he sealed his words with a close-eyed smile, a couple ribbons now wrapped around a bar of the cage.

As Eve was mentioned, his blue ears perked up, eyes widening slightly. "Say, Gemma," he began, looking over to the Glaceon in question, "did you happen to see where they brought Eve? What has happened to Volt? Did they take him with her?"

"Well... all I heard was that we needed to be taken to holding cells, which here we are, and then the bigger guy said he needed Eve. I don't know where they took her..." She sighed, then remembered something, "Oh. Well there was an alarm about a Jolteon getting into the building. Do you think that was Volt?"

Cryo's ears tilted as he listened in on their conversation, from what he could gather not only were Gemma, Eve, and Houdini captured but there was a fourth companion. Though 'Volt' seemed to be doing a bit better than these two, and was likely the one responsible for all this commotion. At the very least finding Eve, and Volt wouldn't be too hard.....right? Cryo instantly regretted the thought as he had almost certainly triggered a Flag. A scattered haze of small ice crystals appeared as the Shiny Glaceon sighed. Shifting his focus to his new compatriots, Cryo prepared to interrupt their conversation.

*COUGH* , "Sorry, to interrupt but, we should probably get going."
He didn't quite trust that Houdini was a fine as he insisted but even so they needed to leave, lingering any longer would give Team G more time to reorganize themselves, and suppress disorder.

Volt kept running, climbing a flight of stairs. He looked at the signs.
"B2F... B1F... 1F... 2F! Here we go!" Volt crashed through the door... only to find a bunch of Team G grunts waiting for him. "Oh... hey there."

"Oh, what now?!" Epsilon said, hearing the whining sirens. "The boss man won't be happy if we fail our mission. Delta, keep working! I'm gonna stomp whatever scrub decided to mess with us."
"Fine." Delta said, continuing to work. Vee shivered in fear.

Houdini nodded to Gemma's question, pawing at his covered eye and instantly regretting his decision. The leaf he used as an eyepatch began to slide, and the shiny Sylveon had to frantically move it back into place with a couple of free ribbons. "That had to have been Volt. There is no doubt in my mind," he said, moving his attention to Cyro as soon as he spoke.

"Ah, yes. Let us go. We should be able to find Volt if we keep listening to the announcements over the loudspeaker, I presume?" Stepping out of the cage, allowing his ribbons to linger on the bar they had such a tight grip on for just a few seconds longer, Houdini looked around the room they had been placed in. "Also, I believe you should be the one to lead the way, mister... Oh, pardon me, but I never did introduce myself or get your own name. I am Houdini, as Gemma has said." His blue head lowered in a respectful bow as he began to slowly but surely walk away from the cage, still a bit shaky, over to a doorway. "Now, shall we be off?"

Volt dashed out into the hallway, spotting the prison cells. He saw the others. "Houdini! Gemma!" Volt shouted, happy to see them.

He wasn't happy to see the man behind them.

Epsilon kicked Houdini in the chest, having snick up behind the group. He whacked Gemma with a pole and sent her flying into Cryo. He then turned to Volt.
"Hello, again. You gave my subordinates down below and back in the truck a LOT of trouble. I will give them... VENGEANGE!" Epsilon dashed towards Volt and swung towards him. The Jolteon dodged and zapped the human. However, this allowed him to get smacked across the face with the metal rod. Volt stumbled back before charging into Epsilon, sending the two of them back down the hall.

"Vo-!"

Houdini wasn't able to finish the call to his friend before a sharp something smacked into his chest. As he soared through the air briefly, he caught a glimpse of a man before his vision began to go blurry once again. No... I will not let this happen... not again... This man will not be allowed to kick me around!

Without much time to realize what exactly he had thought, Houdini blindly shot a Moonblast into the room, falling to the floor. His head pounded in his skull, but he stayed strong, groaning as he stood back up onto his paws, his ribbons being used as an anchor and support system for the second time. "H... Huh... We m... We must go! Come, Gemma!"

And with that, he staggered out of the room, chasing after the others to the best of his ability, a snarl emanating from his open mouth.

Gemma groaned. She looked below her to see that she had crashed into Cryo.
"Oh... I-I'm sorry..." She helped the Glaceon up. She turned towards Houdini and sighed. "What can I do? So far, I have succeeded in doing nothing. You'd be better off without me..."

((OOC: Please remove that comment @NuzzleBeak. It belongs on the discussion page please.))